What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to be here!

neile45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Ipad 2 on Friday, and I must say that I have been lurking here for at least the past month because I was on the fence. A little back story about me;

When I was a kid, my dad got an Apple computer when it first came out, and he loved it. Though, because of prices, he has not been able to splurge on Apple product. I have looked at Apple products as the following - great products, but it seems to have a lemmings effect. I have friends that have iphones (in fact most of them do), but I have refused to get one (mostly because of my $100 plan with Sprint for unlimited everything, and have great service with them). I have tried many phones, and right now I have a launch day EVO, which I love.

When it comes to mp3 players, again, I've stayed away from Apple like the plague. My family has had Zunes and Sansa's before that. I actually liked my Zune HD, though I didn't use it for anything but music. My DD has been begging me for a Touch, and I finally got one for her 10th birthday in January, with a little help of selling my Zune HD. I like her touch, and she absolutely loves it.

I have been holding off on a Tablet, I was waiting on a 10" Android that would be great. Well after hearing the Xoom's price, and being underwhelmed, I decided that Android wasn't looking so good. I almost bought a G Tab from Viewsonic, but the stock UI is horrible. Even though I am very comfortable with modding it, I decided I would look Apple's way.

I decided launch day, that if I found a 32gb Wifi version on my way home from work (at midnight), then it was meant to be, and I would splurge to get it. Well, I got there, and they only had 1 left, a 64gb Wifi model. I decided against it. After sleeping (not sleeping at all) on it, I decided the next morning that I would get it. Well, of course it was sold.

I decided I would not order one online, but I would try to get one locally. I heard the Tuesday rumor about the Apple store getting a shipment in, and also the store stated they "thought" they would be getting some in, to only go there Tuesday morning to find out that they did not.

So I went to BB and reserved one. Well fast forward to Thursday, and I read a thread on here about the stock finder about Target. Well, when I looked at it, there was none around. But when I woke up the next morning at 4:30 to go to the bathroom, I decided to look again. Well, one store that was 45 minutes away had stock showing. So, I tried to go back to sleep, but could not. I got up and went over there after taking a shower. I got there at 6:30 (they open at 8), with not a soul in sight! I stood outside for an hour and a half, and no one showed up still! (talking about seeming crazy to get one of these things!).

Well, needless to say, I am now an owner of a white, 64gb Wifi Ipad 2, and love it! Today was my first day off since getting it, and I have played all day on it, for at least 8 hours. This thing is awesome! And battery life has been great, it is still at 40%!

I only have had a problem with the Wifi having to be reset when waking it up, which is the same problem my DD has with her 4th generation 32gb touch.

I have already learned a lot, and hope to learn a lot more!:D:D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Thanks for your very interesting post and for taking the time and trouble to tell us all about yourself and your experiences - we just love reading about this kind of stuff.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions