Giving ipad to daughter

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by hoopybunny, Aug 11, 2013.

1. hoopybunny

hoopybunny iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.I'm so happy I happened upon this forum. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology. I want to give my ipad 1 to my daughter and purchase the ipad 5 when it comes out. Will she need to know my passwords for apple, etc or can she basically reregister the ipad for herself? Will she lose the apps I've purchased? Sorry. but I have no one else to ask! thanks so much!

2. stil29

stil29 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    In order to keep the apps she will have to know your passwords or she can restore the iPad and get her own apps

3. ardchoille

ardchoille iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    I would recommend you restore the iPad to factory state (wipe all data) before giving it to her. This will allow her to have her own set of data while protecting your Apple ID. Otherwise she will need you to input your Apple ID every time she wants to use the App Store or iTunes - this will prevent running up a bill unknowingly.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. y2kgtp

y2kgtp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You did not mention the age of your daughter - is she an adult? Then she can just set up her own iTunes/Apple Account. If she is younger living with you, you could simply just share the Apple ID used for iTunes purchases. I do this for my wife and 3 kids in the house. I purchase a game or App, and install it on all the devices in the house. Everyone has a separate iCloud account for backups, as the kids iPods seldom get connected to a PC.