What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give A Unique, Inexpensive Holiday Gift!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
v58tn9.jpg

The App Store is overflowing with great deals and we hope you’ve taken advantage of the bargains and downloaded a few for your app collection. Not only are these apps entertaining, educational and helpful for you but they also make great Christmas gifts. Did you know Apple has a built in gifting function in iTunes allowing you to pay for and send apps to your friends and family?

If you would like to gift an app, but you’re not sure how to do it, here’s a quick explanation.

If you’re on a Mac or PC using iTunes, you’ll first need to lookup the app of your choice in the App Store. Once you find it, look for the down arrow to the right of the price button. Click the arrow and a small window appears with “Gift This App” as the first choice. Select “Gift This App” and the “Give a Gift” screen appears requesting information. Simply select the delivery method, fill in the blanks with the appropriate information and click “Continue.” You’ll then be prompted for your iTunes password. Enter your password and an iTunes “bill” appears. If your information is correct and you want to proceed with the purchase, click “Buy Gift.” You know you’re finished when the “Thank You!” screen appears and you can select either “Done” or “Gift Again.” It’s that easy!

If you want to gift an app directly from your iPad, lookup the app in the App Store and click on the app to get more details. In the upper right hand corner of the app details screen, you’ll see “Gift This App.” Click on the link and follow the on-screen directions to gift your app.

So, if you’re looking for some last minute Christmas gifts, why not gift a few apps and finish your holiday shopping? It’s easy to do and there are plenty of deals to be had!

Here's a great little app to start:

App Store - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Source: How to Gift an App for the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch | PadGadget

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving my wife an iPad 2 for Xmas.
I was going to pick it up today but I forgot my union card and I need it to get the discount.
I'll be picking it up tomorrow instead.

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
I was going to pick it up today but I forgot my union card and I need it to get the discount.

I gave my wife an iPad 2 for her birthday....she's convinced I use it more than she does :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:

That's very nice of you!!! You're a keeper for sure!! ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I don't know what to get the woman who has everything and me!!!

Is this my favorite puppy guy?? Are all the children getting along now??? ;). What are you getting them for Xmas?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Is this my favorite puppy guy?? Are all the children getting along now??? ;). What are you getting them for Xmas?

Wish I knew. Need pressies for wife, 3 kids and 3 dogs. Any thoughts ?

Boy 20
Girl 15
Girl 7

Dog 2 1/2 boy
Dog 1 1/2 girl
Dog 3 months boy

Wife who has everything!!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Wish I knew. Need pressies for wife, 3 kids and 3 dogs. Any thoughts ?

Boy 20
Girl 15
Girl 7

Dog 2 1/2 boy
Dog 1 1/2 girl
Dog 3 months boy

Wife who has everything!!!!

Dogs are easy toys and treats. Maybe some cute sweaters to wear on Xmas day!! ;). Safest thing for the older kids is gift certificates so they can buy whatever they want unless they requested something specific otherwise there will be long faces . For wifey, how about some jewels, can never go wrong with that unless she requested something specific.

Let us know how you make out.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Dogs are easy toys and treats. Maybe some cute sweaters to wear on Xmas day!! ;). Safest thing for the older kids is gift certificates so they can buy whatever they want unless they requested something specific otherwise there will be long faces . For wifey, how about some jewels, can never go wrong with that unless she requested something specific.

Let us know how you make out.

The kids and dogs will be easy from where I sit, that's the wife's job. The wife has more jewellery than Tiffany's, more shoes and handbags than are stocked at Harrods and the tastes of a middle eastern princess. I am doomed!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
The kids and dogs will be easy from where I sit, that's the wife's job. The wife has more jewellery than Tiffany's, more shoes and handbags than are stocked at Harrods and the tastes of a middle eastern princess. I am doomed!!!

How about a nice vacation just the two of you?? Some place really special and romantic. Can be after the holidays.

Money cannot buy romantic moments and memories with loved ones. *I am such a girl* ;)

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
How about a nice vacation just the two of you?? Some place really special and romantic. Can be after the holidays.

Money cannot buy romantic moments and memories with loved ones. *I am such a girl* ;)

A holiday would be great. But daughters exams are coming up very soon after Christmas. Just seeing each other is a bit of a holiday from the loneliness, (we currently live 2700 miles apart).

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Big mistake

Just got lovely ed hardy iPad back cover for granddaughter thought it was for iPad 2, nooooooo it arrived its for ipad1
Amazon can't do anything the seller won't answer emails. Looks like I will have to sell on Gumtree, soooooo annoying
The joys of Xmas :(

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
A holiday would be great. But daughters exams are coming up very soon after Christmas. Just seeing each other is a bit of a holiday from the loneliness, (we currently live 2700 miles apart).

Then do it after exams. ;). And remember NO KIDS. Just mummy and daddy ;).

Most reactions

Latest posts