Gift iPad to Someone without credit card?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by mikespe, Nov 27, 2013.

1. iPAD@UVA

iPAD@UVA
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    FYI, My technophobe mom is 78 and has been thinking of getting a iPad for a while. A few months ago she broke down and got one at a non-apple but fruit named Mac store and signed up for their training at the same time. For (I think) $75 she gets a years worth of one on one training that she schedules online. So far she has been to there sessions and absolutely loves both the training and her iPad. The sessions are not scripted and they work on whatever she wants in addition to showing her new things. She is finding herself carrying her iPad everywhere and using it for most everything instead of her laptop. I am not saying that most people really need training to use a iPad but it might be something to consider.

2. manbot

manbot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes use gift cards USA and open her US account buy gift cards on discounted websites who email codes online to your country.

3. Spugnut

Spugnut
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The way that I got around this for my daughter is to "purchase" a free app. Then you do not have to enter credit card details. Thereafter use gift cards.

Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk

4. Zugzwang

Zugzwang
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My mom is the same. The other day, I was visiting, and we were in the car. She asked me where a ups store is. I haven't lived in the area in fifteen years.

I pull he iPhone five out of the purse, and ask Siri. She was astonished. She has had iPhones for five years, and never used Siri or maps.

5. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    My mom is different. My family (Except my grandma) Knows everything about tech.