What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gift iPad to my niece

nancyh1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope you would point me in the right direction. Today, for 2 hours, I waited at Apple store to inquire and did not really get answers.
I have an ME197LL/A iPad.
Each time I download an app on my phone, it shows up on this iPad.
I would like to give this iPad to my 5-yo niece. I have about $200 of games (purchased through my iTune account) purchased for her on this iPad.
This iPad has cellular service which I have disconnected
I will purchase iPad pro to replace.
Questions:
  1. How would I transfer all my pdfs saved under Goodreader to my new iPad Pro?
  2. Once given to my niece, how do I stop her iPad from getting app that I download to my phone and new iPad?
  3. $200 purchased games – what is the best way to leave this on the iPad while having her mom iTune account?
  4. Each time boot up, I see "SIM..." How do i permanently delete this message. My niece will never have cellular service on this iPad.

Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you would point me in the right direction. Today, for 2 hours, I waited at Apple store to inquire and did not really get answers.
I have an ME197LL/A iPad.
Each time I download an app on my phone, it shows up on this iPad.
I would like to give this iPad to my 5-yo niece. I have about $200 of games (purchased through my iTune account) purchased for her on this iPad.
This iPad has cellular service which I have disconnected
I will purchase iPad pro to replace.
Questions:
  1. How would I transfer all my pdfs saved under Goodreader to my new iPad Pro?
  2. Once given to my niece, how do I stop her iPad from getting app that I download to my phone and new iPad?
  3. $200 purchased games – what is the best way to leave this on the iPad while having her mom iTune account?
  4. Each time boot up, I see "SIM..." How do i permanently delete this message. My niece will never have cellular service on this iPad.

Thank you
1. If you backup the iPad and set up your new iPad Pro from that backup, the PDF files should still be in the Goodreader app.

2. Go into settings>iTune & App Stores>Automatic Downloads and turn off all the switches.

3. Those games are tied to your iTunes account and couldn't be updated or re-downloaded using another iTunes account.

4. You can't stop the no SIM card message from appearing every time the iPad is turned on or restarted.

Most reactions

Latest posts