What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.Gif

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anybody know of an App that makes .gifs from images - can I stress I need an app that does not permanently loop the images. So say I have 150 images I want to .gif just to play said images once only and in the order I want? I have a few already but none of them allow 1 loop only and because I am trying to insert them into a Keynote presentation I don't want to use even more transitions to stop the loop - it's real simple image 1 - 150 and then stop on 150!

Many ta's

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the duplicate post that asks the same question. Duplicate posting can fractures any resulting conversations, making them hard to follow. They're also against our rules.

Several of our members have experience at making their own Gifs and I'm sure they'll respond when they see your post.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you I have no idea how it duplicated unless I hit the button twice. I really hope someone can help - most of the Apps I've tried say you can limit the loops but neither of the 2 Ive purchased do and I have spent another very frustrating morning off trying to sort this. I have PS Touch and played with that but got lost in the layers!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have several apps on my Mac that can set the repeat, frame rate, etc., of an animated GIF, but if you need it for iPad I can't help you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have several apps on my Mac that can set the repeat, frame rate, etc., of an animated GIF, but if you need it for iPad I can't help you.

Do you happen to have Keynote on the iPad?

The problem here is that the GIFs are looping in Keynote, whether they are supposed to or not. If we had a known GIF that doesn't loop in some other browser or app, but still loops in Keynote (or not), then it would narrow down the problem tremendously. If it's Keynote that insists on looping GIFs, no matter what the settings of that GIF, then the search for a new apps is pointless.

I've been talking to pilgrimav8r about the problem outside the forum, in case you're going back through the posts trying to figure out how I pulled some of that info out of thin air.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now I'm really getting confused. I don't mind where the app is - on my iPad or on my Mac, I am happy to purchase for either if it works! My problem is that I want to be able for the .gif wherever it is created, to be able to work when imported to an iPad in keynote. For once I am not blaming iOS 8 on my iPad, I don't even think the iPad has anything to do with it. I think it is a function of the .gif not being able to create without looping, ie, doing what I want. Yesterday I purchased two more apps, having first discussed with the programmers of the said apps, if the were capable of turning 0 - 150 images, that I have created on and are contained within my iPhoto (on both frames) whether they could produce a .gif of them that would play the images (in that order) just once then stop - both said yes and sadly neither do - subsequently, when I asked them how, I haven't had a reply. I'm not trying to name or shame - I've learnt a lot and maybe in the future they will come in useful? TP, as always has been a real diamond in helping me. These are very simple images of numbers, I'm not trying to compete with Walt Disney. All help on this problem is most appreciated.

Lanny, I'm guessing you have both pad and Mac? I'm guessing you'll have keynote could I ask you to try?

Last edited:
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Intriguingly, I just sat and had a brain fart! Yesterday I tried several times to put a different time frame (60 secs (Max)) on the last .gif image, in the vane hope, that would work in delaying the loop, it made absolutely no difference and the thing still looped at the .30 delay set for all the other images but today I thought, if I add another 10 images (Same last image) to the .gif, it surely cannot ignore 10 commands and gave those last 10 images a 60 sec timeframe what would happen - don't ask me why, but it worked! of course it still loops after the the 10 minute delay (10 images) but I think it might be a work through for albeit; still not answering the question. (Looping). It is also using up CPU power which I don't need with other transitions going on all around it. Again TP thanks, something you said triggered that thought.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for listening but I actually believe I have solved it and the solution was complicated because for the life of me, I am not controlling the .gif correctly - my fault. Believe it or not airing it here as helped to solve the problem and the App I bought does not do what it says on the tin. But is manipulated with the help of Keynote. TP Msg and demo to follow shortly Many thanks.

Now does anybody know of a Mass image Cropping App? All the images are the same size, positions etc

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, the only image editor on my iPad is Snapseed, used just for quick touchups of photos. I think my new iMac came with Keynote, but I've never launched it. No slideshow apps on my iPad, except the one built into Quickoffice.

Before retiring, I created both print and web graphics for a living, and my main tool was Adobe Fireworks (on my desktop Mac), a veritable Swiss Army Knife of image manipulation. It's still my go-to graphics app, and I have no experience with one-trick ponies on tablets.

Please share your solution here, so others may find it in the future by searching.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats the problem you see I know BA about graphics I'm just a DS S92 Commander. I promise my workaround to close this thread which meant lots more photo's and emails and cropping and .......Friends but later when I get back on schedule.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now does anybody know of a Mass image Cropping App? All the images are the same size, positions etc

So maybe you'll get some use out of the Workflow app after all. It does have a crop tool. Might take some fiddling to get the exact results you want, but it appears to be fairly versatile.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried the workflow App cropping tool on that project it's brilliant much better than my effort - but alas; maybe for the Mk2 of this project. I think it's one of the best general apps I've ever seen and a must for many things, I just need time to sit and investigate all its capabilities.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts