1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ghost Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by stevecova1, Jul 2, 2011.

1. stevecova1

stevecova1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an app that no matter how many times I try to delet from IPad and ITunes still sits on my IPad showing 'waiting'. On the odd occasions it does install and I remove it, lit just appears again. Has anyone else had the same problem and do you have any idea how I can get rid. It doesn't cause a problem it is just infuriating.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    First, I have to ask the obvious question: Have you tried to reboot your iPad (hold both the sleep and home buttons until the screen darkens and then you see the white apple logo appear)?

It seems to help fix a lot of the iPad's wacky behavior.

If you tried that and it doesn't/didn't work, please post back and we'll try something else.

Marilyn
  3. stevecova1

stevecova1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks. Have tried reboot but no joy. Any other ideas welcomed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. singlestick

singlestick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Do you also have an iPhone and is the app on that device? This might make it harder to delete it from iTunes, depending on your settings.

Otherwise, you might send a note to the app developer.
  5. subpargames

subpargames iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i've had that happen, but a reboot fixed it no problem... maybe upgrade your ios?
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    Okay, what about this ... ?

If you can, get the app downloaded to your iPad (as you've said it has installed before).

Then, hook your iPad up to iTunes and, with a right click on the iPad line, select "Transfer Purchases." This should put that app into iTunes.

Then, on the right hand side of the iPad/iTunes view, go to the Apps tab . Scroll through the apps until you find the one you've been messing with; it should be checked. Uncheck it.

Then, you should see an "apply" button at the bottom right side. Click that and iTunes should sync that app off of the iPad. Once done, take a look at your iPad screen. Hopefully, that app should be gone. If it is, eject the iPad.

Then, again in the left side, go to the top, under "Library," and select Apps. Scroll through the list of apps in your iTunes until you find that particular app. Right click on it and select Delete (and, choose to move it to the Recycle bin as you don't want it saved anywhere).

Now, this all is a stab in the dark, cause I honestly have NO idea why you're having these troubles. But, this is what I'd do given your situation.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Marilyn
  7. cjoy

cjoy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hhhhmm that happened to me a few times when I downloaded a couple apps over wifi. I learned that resetting the ipad/ipod/iphone will return everything to normal. I try to download apps through my home computer via itunes, especially with bigger files.
  8. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I ran into the same problem and went through every troubleshooting possibility, then called Apple, which directed me through the exact steps I had already tried. No joy. The Apple guy ended up suggesting that I wipe all my contents and restore, which I had been trying to avoid.

I had two apps hanging that way and ended up wiping my iPad and restoring. PITA.