What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting pictures on an iPad with no PC

Canisaur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mom recently retired, returning her mac to her workplace, and bought herself a new iPad. The iPad essentially IS her "household computer", they have nothing else. Before she retired I backed up all of her pictures to an online storage. How can I get all of her pictures back on her iPad?

I'm looking for something she can do over the internet, so the camera connection kit is out (I live in New York and she lives in Florida). Ideally I would have her simply download the archives and walk her through unzipping them, but AFAIK Apple considers that too complicated for the average user and is therefore not an option. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What online service did you use for the pictures? Many of the popular ones have apps that will let you upload, download, or just view the site.

OP
C

Canisaur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the files in archives on my Amazon S3 storage. I suppose I could put them on a free dropbox account or something like that and look at the available apps to see if the pictures would end up in the right spot. For now, I'm going to try logging in with her Apple ID, on my computer, using the iCloud control panel. I think if I do that, and throw all of her pictures into a folder that I tell iCloud to sync, they'll show up on her iPad.

Most reactions