What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting out of recovery mode

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue.

Apple advised me to disable my virus scanner while restoring with my windows-pc.
If you have a Windows machine, try this, looks like it works.

Makarand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restore loop on windows platform

If you are using windows platform, just check whether itune remembers iPad after downloading the os. It will restart the iPad in restore mode. If at this time iTunes doesn't recognize iPad, then windows has misplaced the drivers. Keep device driver open, if you see yellow exclamation mark against apple mobile device in recovery mode, right click the same, say update driver, chose manual. After two three screens you will see apple mobile device listed with few others. Select this and install the driver. Your problem will be solved.

I had the same issue.

Apple advised me to disable my virus scanner while restoring with my windows-pc.

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
virus scanner

I had the same issue.

sorry for late reply everybody.

Mark this is a very nice tip I will use it in my next os update.
what I did was to use another laptop which didn't make any problems and os update was smooth.
thanks

OP
I

iZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
device driver

If you are using windows platform, just check whether itune remembers iPad after downloading the os. It will restart the iPad in restore mode. If at this time iTunes doesn't recognize iPad, then windows has misplaced the drivers. Keep device driver open, if you see yellow exclamation mark against apple mobile device in recovery mode, right click the same, say update driver, chose manual. After two three screens you will see apple mobile device listed with few others. Select this and install the driver. Your problem will be solved.

I had the same issue.

where is the device driver ?

Contaberan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As i saw with my brain new ipad 2, iPad 2 seem to use 2 drivers for unit. First is the sync pad driver and second bios update driver. If you work with a virtual machine XP on linux based system, you will need experience to solve usb dedicate trouble. For Microsoft and Mac user, both of these drivers are included.

Another think to know is:

iOs 5 will be pc-less!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts