What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting online while in car

lindylynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only have Wi-Fi on my iPad. Is there anything that I can buy and plug it in to my iPad so that I can get online while I am on the road?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get a mifi unit, I have one here in the UK which converts 3G cellular to wifi and gives a connection to my devices while mobile.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the new EE 4G mobile broadband wifi unit, which is fantastic. Allows you to connect up to 10 devices via wifi.

Also, if you have a 3G enabled smartphone, you may either 1) already have, or 2) be able to enable with your carrier (via an additional fee), the ability to use your phone as a wifi hotspot. Most Apple and Android phones support this capability. My O2 contract on the iPhone5 has this capability built into it for free.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I have the new EE 4G mobile broadband wifi unit, which is fantastic. Allows you to connect up to 10 devices via wifi.

Also, if you have a 3G enabled smartphone, you may either 1) already have, or 2) be able to enable with your carrier (via an additional fee), the ability to use your phone as a wifi hotspot. Most Apple and Android phones support this capability. My O2 contract on the iPhone5 has this capability built into it for free.

I'll have to look into that, I'd like something a little faster than my 3 mifi.

The Archangel

OP
L

lindylynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will only use it with my iPad if that is possible because I don't have a phone that would do what you are doing

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lindylynn said:
Thank you for the information. I will only use it with my iPad if that is possible because I don't have a phone that would do what you are doing

If you let us know what country you are in I'm sure that somebody can come up with what you need.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that, I'd like something a little faster than my 3 mifi.

The Archangel

Worthwhile (although expensive) if you live / work in a 4G area. I got it for work, and get 33Meg down in Glasgow when in the Office (I only have 6Meg broadband at home!). £24.99 per month for 8GB data allowance though :(

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No idea where you are, but if you're in the states, NetZero has a 4G MiFi device that is really cheap. Just not a lot of coverage areas.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a Virgin Mobile Broadband Mifi unit that connects up to 5 devices.

Works great in the car!

Most reactions