What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting limited number of images on a Google search

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Recently, if I search for anything in google images, I only get about 15 images displayed.

If I do an identical search on my pc, I get hundreds of results (images).

I can't work out why.

I've attached a photo of typical search results.

Attachments

• image-2086162750.png
    image-2086162750.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried a couple things, but can't duplicate it.

If you have not already tried, restart the iPad. Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, and slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds and hold down the power button again, until the Apple logo appears.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know why. Google released a new version of their images page, it runs some complicated code that the iPad doesn't run very well. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap "switch to basic version". See what that does.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, that could be it. Though the new page is working just fine on my iPad. I actually went to the basic page and tried it to see if that was the problem, and then realized it did not look anything like the OP's screen shot.

Until then, I hadn't even realized the image search page had changed.

I wonder if model or iOS version might make a difference. There were some big updates to Safari's underpinning with the 4.3 update.

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I tried a reset but that didn't help. Then I tried scrolling down to the bootom of the pqge to find the button you mentioned. Then voila! All the images started appearing.
I wonder if it's a software tweak where the browser only iniitially loads the first dozen or so images for speed? Then if you want more you have to scroll right down?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it's working. Mine would only load like half of the page of pics but I could see the squares where they pics were but no pics. :(

Most reactions