Getting bummed bad!!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by chevyguy, May 21, 2011.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I was truly very excited to get an IPad2, but however Apple's inability to keep the market saturated enough to get them into consumers hands, has my excitement waning. Has the production fallen off or something, I can't find one anywhere and haven't been able too for sometime!!
  2. azntrinityxq

azntrinityxq iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How come you don't just order from apple? On their website is say 1-2 weeks ship. So you check every walmart, target, best buy, toy r us, and radio shack?
  3. Tsuintx

Tsuintx iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you want a sure way to get ne, order it directly from Apple. I think I have seen people saying you can get one now in about 2-3 weeks.

Unless the recent developments at the manufacturing plant will have an impact.

If you want to solely rely on your local retalers, you might wan to download the iPad finder app (if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch etc.) and keep on searching. The app is actually the one that helped me in the right direction a few weeks ago when I decided I wanted one right then and there.
  4. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
  5. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467 / 0
    the situation is simple apple manufactures around 4 million ipads per month demand exceed production our store near me whom is 100% Apple has more than 60 back orders oh and that is in the last 2 weeks . thats life
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. otacon

otacon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I guess I was the luckiest sob on Monday when I called my local Apple store and they had them in stock.
  7. otacon

otacon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I live in Boston and every brick and mortar store was out of them within a 50 mile radius. None of them had any time frame on when they were getting another shipment in. Best Buy told me they hadn't had them in stock in weeks. I lucked out and called an Apple store that had just got a shipment in that day. Even then by the time I got to the store no more than 3 hours later I got the last one they had in stock.
  8. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You had to wait to get your drivers license, first kiss, first ******, etc etc.

You can either wait in a huff and all bent out of shape, or you can order from Apple on line, or use your free time hunting the local stores. It is all about the attitude with which you proceed. Either look forward with anticipation or you look forward with tension, anger and frustration. Or you bury your head in the sand and moan about how you have to wait and wait and wait.

Your life, your choice.
  9. Videographer

Videographer iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was told by a friend of mine that a factory in Japan that manufactures a part/parts for the iPad 2 was partly destroyed during the earthquake. I don't rightly know how true this is, but that's what I was told.
  10. SporkLover

SporkLover iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check Wal Mart, I've been to a few different ones over the last few days and each one of them had at least 5 for sale.
  11. otacon

otacon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Seems like Walmart in general got a shipment of them in the past few days. I went to my local one today and they just got 10 in of all the flavors.
  12. idave23

idave23 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    A friend overseas wanted one so I called our local Apple store (Naperville IL) yesterday to see if they had any white/64/AT&Ts available. Was told they did but couldn't promise that they'd be there when I arrived as there were people in the store shopping for them. When we got there they still had them, one at least, so we took it and out of curiosity I asked if they had any black versions of it left. Was told they did. Couldn't talk my wife into buying a second for us though.:(
  13. droid2mac

droid2mac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No conspiracy or mystery here. Simply demand exceeds supply. The iPad 2 is THE most sough after consumer product on the planet. I ordered one from Apple, 2 week delivery. During that time I constantly checked Best Buy stores and the Best Buy iPad tracker on line. Found the one I wanted at Best Buy and cancelled my Apple order. Really, the hunt was fun and exciting. Came so close several times.
  14. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467 / 0
    Same in Australia apple stores get first deliveries then every one else is on allocation
  15. iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    They are popping back into stores in the UK. Albeit in dribs and drabs.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
  16. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Out of curiosity ~ I just called one of our local Apple stores in the mall and they do not have any wifi models but they do have many 3G, Verizion and AT&T, 16, 32 and 64.
  17. schwantz

schwantz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just picked up a 16GB wifi today in Pittsburgh Pa.
  18. TMWeddle

TMWeddle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I saw some at my local Target store this weekend. Apple stores here get a shipment everyday - one goes early and can get one or not if the ones available are what you're looking for.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  19. Dee Ashley

Dee Ashley iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting Closer

Got my first offical notice today from Apple about our Ipad2s. Went to check on status and this is what it said:

Shipped on: May 22, 2011 via May go Postal

This is clear as mud. I may go postal if they don't arrive soon. JUST KIDDING. Thankfully if one continues to read there is a tracking number for Fed-EX and it is May 22nd in China!!!!!!
  20. chevyguy

chevyguy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I am not mad or angry in any sense of the word, just kinda gettin' bummed because I can't get my hands on one of these things, that"s all. :) I have scoured the stores sites locally and my local Apple store takes just about an act of God to get through to. I may have to order through Apple and then cancel if I find one local.