What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting album art on your ipad

Aarika

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently put all my CDs on my iPad but I can't figure out how to get the album art on it. Is there way?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The following applies only if you are using iTunes to sync your music: Instructions were tested on Mac OS X, Windows options may vary slightly in the location and name.

Go to iTunes on the computer. Under the Advanced menu you will find a Get Album Artwork item. If you select it iTunes will go to the iTunes store and attempt to find artwork for your songs. This is hit and miss with songs imported from CD, but works more often than not.

Of course it only works if the album is available in iTunes.

I believe there are third party album art hunting programs that will work with iTunes, but I don't know any names. You can try searching for them.

You can also manually add art to your iTunes library. Right click on a song and select Get Info. In the artwork tab you can add or change the cover. Of course you need the art first. Either scan (if you have a scanner) the CD cover, or do a Google image search to find an acceptable cover. Once it's on your computer you can either drag and drop or use the add option.

Unfortunately you can't add art to multiple songs. Some info can be changed this way, but not the artwork, probably for some reason only the program developers know.

Once you have the art in iTunes it is only a matter of syncing your iPad again.

TheHammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The following applies only if you are using iTunes to sync your music:

Unfortunately you can't add art to multiple songs. Some info can be changed this way, but not the artwork, probably for some reason only the program developers know.

Once you have the art in iTunes it is only a matter of syncing your iPad again.

I change artwork for multiple songs, or even multiple discs all the time.

Just select the songs you want to add artwork to. In the lower left of iTunes is a window. Make certain it says "selected song" and not "now playing". If it says "now playing", toggle the title. Now right click to paste the artwork into that window. You are all done.

carl 11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that only works IF you have the Art already IN your Main Computer Music folder. Then you can see it in your comp. music folder, import/drop and drag your music to the ipad music folder, then do what he said above to get your art.

Ralfo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the artwork on Itunes on my computer. When I sync to the Ipad, however, the only artwork that comes over to the IPad is that for music that I have purchased from ITunes Store. This problem seems to have come up after the last IPad OS update. Apple support won't talk to me about it unless I pay them.

luchino12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the artwork on Itunes on my computer. When I sync to the Ipad, however, the only artwork that comes over to the IPad is that for music that I have purchased from ITunes Store. This problem seems to have come up after the last IPad OS update. Apple support won't talk to me about it unless I pay them.

I also find that on my iPad, cover art only comes up for music purchased from the iTunes Store. Those songs in my music library that came from CDs that I owned have no cover art on my iPad.

gilchrist28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tunes Cleaner is a powerful yet easy to use iTunes cleanup tool, which could act as an iTunes duplicate remover to delete duplicate in iTunes and an iTunes library cleaner tool to clean iTunes library and fix iTunes for completing iTunes music information, like artist, songs, album, and album cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts