What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting AirPrint to work on all network printers?

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know about the hp printers which you can use directly via wifi without a computer. It sounds tempting, but I bought a multifunction color laser a couple of years ago and prefer it over any inkjet because I had the color ink always drying out on me whenever I wanted to print something.
I'd prefer the inkjets color printing for photos, but I just do this rarely, so I would have the ink drying out again.
I guess I have to wait until something comes out that can handle this for my setup.

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know about the hp printers which you can use directly via wifi without a computer. It sounds tempting, but I bought a multifunction color laser a couple of years ago and prefer it over any inkjet because I had the color ink always drying out on me whenever I wanted to print something.
I'd prefer the inkjets color printing for photos, but I just do this rarely, so I would have the ink drying out again.
I guess I have to wait until something comes out that can handle this for my setup.

Mike, if that printer is on your network you should be able to use PrintShare for it like I do with my Brother laser. It's pretty simple and I can tell you that it does work for most needs. For now you can't print out of applications on the IPad, but it's workable. I'm satisfied with the HP but I sure understand your thoughts there. Good luck.

Most reactions