What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting AirPrint on the Ipad

toriann13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i get Airprint on my ipad? I got the ipad for christmas and i tried to update via itunes today and it says i have the most current software, but i do not find airprint on the ipad..PLEASE help!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Airprint isn't an app. It's just some new functions that work with the stock apps and third party apps that implement it.

When you open an app that has a share icon (the square with a little arrow pointing out of it, or sometimes just a curved arrow pointing left) you will see a new menu choice, print. You can select this, and if it detects an AirPrint able printer around you'll have the option to print to it.

So far it is pretty limited, and only works with a few HP printers. This is supposed to change, soon we hope.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was on the update for iPad that came out in December I think. Anyway make sure you have 4.2.1 OS and do what twerppoet says above. I have used it often with the new HP I have use of.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm, just browsing the iPad User Guide. Did not realize it was available in iBooks until someone mentioned it here. They cover AirPrint pretty well.

If you don't have iBooks go ahead and get it from the App Store. It's free. Go to the iBook store in the app, search for the iPad User Guide and download it. Also free. Lots of good info for a new user, and a few surprises for some of us the rest of us.

Most reactions