What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a Kindle even though I have an iPad?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My daughter has both, she is an editor and travels extensively. Last time I checked she had about 600 books on her iPad.... and another 200 on the Kindle.

I asked her why she carries both, and she said she uses the Kindle when she is some place that she would be afraid to take her iPad, like around the beach or the pool. She says she is not worried about someone taking her Kindle, but she worries that someone will see her iPad and steal it while she is not looking!

She does edit books on her iPad and no longer carries her laptop on most trips - though she does still take it on some trips.

She is a walking Apple ad: iPhone 4, iPod Nano, iPad 2 and Macbook Air...

-t

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zacky218 said:
How much is the waterproof case? I was looking for one but have no luck on it.

I have the second gen Kindle. I got the case from Amazon, around $30 as I recall. You can also use a ziplock freezer bag.

Most reactions