What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of blue stripe

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suddenly I have a vertical blue stripe in many apps - Safari, eMail, Settings, App Store etc. It's irritating. How can I get rid of it?
image.jpg
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Canuck101 - well, am I missing the 'blue strip' on your attached screen capture? If not already done, 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - if the problem affected just one app, I would suggest a 'Force Close' first - might want to also provide your iPad model & iOS being used (if 7, did this happen after the upgrade?). Good luck & let us know if any of these maneuvers help - Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
C

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought the blue stripe was in the photo -- just checked and it is added in the camera roll also - wherever the background is pure white. Did a reboot. Didn't help. I upgraded to 7.0.3 about a week ago but the blue stripe started about 24 hrs ago so I did not connect the two. Guess I'll have to take it in to the apple store.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thought the blue stripe was in the photo -- just checked and it is added in the camera roll also - wherever the background is pure white. Did a reboot. Didn't help. I upgraded to 7.0.3 about a week ago but the blue stripe started about 24 hrs ago so I did not connect the two. Guess I'll have to take it in to the apple store.

Sorry about your continued problem - just make sure that you followed the directions for 'Reset' correctly (occasionally users stop when the slider appears, wait until you see the Apple logo) - if still not successful, then a visit to the Apple Store may be in order - good luck! Dave :)

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bold blue stripe around some items, & other times it's the vertical blue stripe. I've done hard boot, etc...nothing. Is this a hint to update to 9.2

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a bold blue stripe around some items, & other times it's the vertical blue stripe. I've done hard boot, etc...nothing. Is this a hint to update to 9.2
Could you show us a screenshot? It would make it easier to tell exactly what the problem is.

Vivaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have the same problem. I've attached a screenshot to show this. On an iPad 4, fully updated 9.3.5.

If you guys have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated!

5yzcVI9.jpg

Last edited:

Vivaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it remains stationary.

EDIT: It also disappears sometimes during pop-up notifications.

Vivaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an additional occurrence, it is there on some white colors, but not all white colors.

Attachments

• IMG_4005.JPG
    IMG_4005.JPG
    718.8 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_4006.JPG
    IMG_4006.JPG
    749.2 KB · Views: 610

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My best guess is that it has something to do with bad memory on the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). If it were the screen or a conector it would be more consistent.

At any rate, it is unlikely that it can be fixed without opening up the iPad; something only a maniac or experienced tech should do. (Or someone with nothing to lose).

If you have a nearby Apple Store you can make an appointment and they should do a diagnostic for free, then quote you repair costs if it is a hardware problem.

On the bare chance that it is a software issue, do a reset and see if that helps. Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the Apple Logo appers. Release them and it should reboot.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts