1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Get rid of blue stripe

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by canuck101, Nov 7, 2013.

1. canuck101

canuck101 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Suddenly I have a vertical blue stripe in many apps - Safari, eMail, Settings, App Store etc. It's irritating. How can I get rid of it?
    image.jpg
    Thanks
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0
    Hi Canuck101 - well, am I missing the 'blue strip' on your attached screen capture? If not already done, 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - if the problem affected just one app, I would suggest a 'Force Close' first - might want to also provide your iPad model & iOS being used (if 7, did this happen after the upgrade?). Good luck & let us know if any of these maneuvers help - Dave :)

3. canuck101

canuck101 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thought the blue stripe was in the photo -- just checked and it is added in the camera roll also - wherever the background is pure white. Did a reboot. Didn't help. I upgraded to 7.0.3 about a week ago but the blue stripe started about 24 hrs ago so I did not connect the two. Guess I'll have to take it in to the apple store.
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0
    Sorry about your continued problem - just make sure that you followed the directions for 'Reset' correctly (occasionally users stop when the slider appears, wait until you see the Apple logo) - if still not successful, then a visit to the Apple Store may be in order - good luck! Dave :)