What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get official facebook app for iPad! (jailbreak required)

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's what worked for me. I couldn't log in so I deleted the Facebook App and re-loaded. I fired up the Facebook App in iPhone mode. Logged in successfully. Closed it. Went into iFile and followed the instructions. Did a soft reboot. Voila. I am logged in in iPad mode and it looks great.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's what worked for me. I couldn't log in so I deleted the Facebook App and re-loaded. I fired up the Facebook App in iPhone mode. Logged in successfully. Closed it. Went into iFile and followed the instructions. Did a soft reboot. Voila. I am logged in in iPad mode and it looks great.

Been there, done that! Didn't work. Even tried booting in safe mode. Same effect. Starting to think it has something to do with countries and language files or some such...

I'll stick to 'Friendly' until official release... Damn it! 

//Stefan

sethdoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richgalen said:

What is a soft reboot.....I can't seem to get it to work either....Any suggestions would be appreciated

azntrinityxq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To do a Soft Reboot, press and hold the Sleep button. The iPad screen will appear a red arrow with the text "slide to power off". Slide it to complete the soft reboot.

I did both the soft and hard reboot but I still can't log in.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-550957932.png
    image-550957932.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 270
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
although i didnt try, what do you mean dead, especially when you already did it.
edit: seen the url in full now, but.....

I thought the screenshot said it all.

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys probably read this already, but the cydia app facebreak (brand new) does this hack for you and is not blocked by Facebook, so you can enjoy the iPad version!

On a second note, I used the original hack (from ifile only) on the google+ app (nope no iPad version hidden here) but it looks decent blown up.

Attachments

• image-476410798.png
    image-476410798.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 257

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay... Used the tweak from Cydia and had no problems logging in. As so often the case with me, though, when I finally manage to get what I want, I don't like it...

I don't know if this is the final app (if this is complete/ready), 'cause, frankly, the sidebar styled comments list sucks. Can't be that you'll have to scroll sideways to read, can it?

Nice UI, apart from that... I'll go on using "Friendly" 'till further notice...

He (me) who waits for something, often waits in vain, as it were... 

//Stefan

BrownHornet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check this link to reactivate Apples Facebook login block, it works!

~ moderated - don't promote external sites when the post already contains the instructions please ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts