What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get notes off of iPad (offline)

AlexaAdorkable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a student from the UK who has been awarded an iPad by my university for working hard and also to use for my work. The one they gave me doesn't have internet, which at first I thought was a good thing (no extra charges, won't spend all my time on Facebook/Youtube, etc) however I'v encountered a problem and need help!!

I've been using this to take all my notes in lectures, ideas I've had for the uni and also notes for my sketchbooks but for the life of me I cannot work out how to get the notes off of my iPad and onto my computer. Everything that I've seen that people suggest you do, from evernote to emailing it to myself, all involved the internet which isn't an option for me.

I have A LOT of my work on there and really need to get it off!!

Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated, thank you so much!

PS: Hope I posted this in the right sections!! :eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a student from the UK who has been awarded an iPad by my university for working hard and also to use for my work. The one they gave me doesn't have internet, which at first I thought was a good thing (no extra charges, won't spend all my time on Facebook/Youtube, etc) however I'v encountered a problem and need help!!

I've been using this to take all my notes in lectures, ideas I've had for the uni and also notes for my sketchbooks but for the life of me I cannot work out how to get the notes off of my iPad and onto my computer. Everything that I've seen that people suggest you do, from evernote to emailing it to myself, all involved the internet which isn't an option for me.

I have A LOT of my work on there and really need to get it off!!

Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated, thank you so much!

PS: Hope I posted this in the right sections!! :eek:

Have you tried connecting to the Internet via WiFi? All iPads have WiFi capability. Go to Settings>WiFi and you should see something like this, select a WiFi source, your own router at home or free public WiFi, tap on it, then enter the password, if any and you should be good to go.

image-3239330347.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that the University does not have a wi-fi network with internet access (this is usually free). Also, at some point you're going to have to connect to the internet for updates and other stuff; so I recommend you find a free wi-fi network you can use at least a few times a week.

As SciFan says, all iPads support wi-fi. Internet access through a free wi-fi connection is also free (in almost all cases). There are a multitude of free email, cloud, and other services on the internet. Even the basic Evernote account is free. Though if you don't normally have wi-fi access I don't recommend the free Evernote account, since you only get local storage with the premium account.

But, if your really can't connect to the internet:

Many third party apps support File Sharing via the iTunes computer client. The built in Notes app does not. If that is what you are using, then you will have to copy & paste them to an app that does support File Sharing. This is the only way I know of to transfer documents to the computer without a wi-fi connection. Well, the only option that seems to apply to your situation.

iOS: About File Sharing

Most reactions

Latest posts