What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get an ipad 2 or ipad 3?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can definitely see the difference! Have you even looked at one? Or an iPhones retina screen? Big big difference.

Ditto that addiosamigo. The display is different on the new iPad. I use my iPad to read music scores, on the new iPad the notes are crisp. My music reader recently updated to the new iOS and on the new iPad the app is very stable. On documents is where I can see the difference. Movies or videos not so much but I suspect that is a delimiter based on the media provided.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gleff said:
I've already got an iPad 2 but i'm seriously thinking of upgrading to the ipad 3 just for the improved display and quad core cpu... Games would rock on the new iPad 3.

Having said that, I may wait a little while because I only bought my iPad 2 a few months ago LOL. I want to try and get my money's worth before upgrading.

It is not a quad core CPU, but the the graphics portion is better on the new chip.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
You can definitely see the difference! Have you even looked at one? Or an iPhones retina screen? Big big difference.

I just got back from my cousins house and he has the new one and I have the iPad 2. I can see the difference but it's not night and day and there is no way I'd upgrade for that and a faster processor. My iPad 2 goes real good and never seems slow to me. Others may find different results but IMO the iPad 2 is just fine.

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing really changed between 2 and 3 get a iPad 2 plus there cheaper now

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 3rd gen is a big improvement, but many of the features will take time to fully appreciate. The screen resolution is a major issue with the naysayers, yet it is new and many things that take advantage of the high resolution are not changed to take advantage of it. I only really notice it in some of the high rez photos I have, and some of the print. Look at it this way. On my 1080p HDTV right now, the new shows are beautiful looking. An old show from the 80s, on another channel, looks like mush in comparison.

I am extremely impressed with 4G. My home HS DSL will top out at 5 Mbps, which is better than it was a month ago. My iPad with 4G tested at 21 Mbps at the same time. Now if the servers and land lines would get improved, I would be in hog heaven.

The camera was something that I did not expect to use much, but after using it, I may get a lot of use from it. It may take some getting use to, but the picture quality is great, and it is extremely fast. It may take awhile, but it has more potential than I expected.

There are other features exclusive to this iPad that will take some time to fully appreciate, but just like with my original ipad, it will be a journey worth taking.

Konoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobiledevice.blog.com
With iPad 3, you'll be able to get a better pleasure from the camera and display. and the processor has been updated from iPad 2, so when you get the new ipad (the so called iPad 3), you'll feel luck that you do not choose the iPad 2.

GSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No point surely to the iPad3 in Australia as it's not compatible with local 4G. Yet still they buy.

Most reactions