What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get an awesome stand for real cheap price

subigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've spent the better part of a week searching for a good cheap iPad stand, only to come across something perfect while walking around Jo-Ann Fabric with my girlfriend (also saw this at Hobby Lobby). It's a adjustable easel, made for holding up collectible plates and it's only $2.99... It works perfect in any position with the iPad and will recline almost flat.

Ignore the masking tape on mine, I was paranoid about the hard plastic scratching the iPad... Also ignore the crappy pictures, I didn't have a good camera available at the time.

S5030149.jpg

S5030151.jpg

S5030154.jpg

S5030157.jpg

S5030158.jpg

S5030159.jpg

S5030160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is on the little legs? Did you put tape on them for protection? THe pictures are super blurry I can't tell what that is.

OP
S

subigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, but does not look very stable to type on and such... is it?

Very stable... I can push it across my desk and the iPad stays right in it without moving an inch.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Idea.... go out and buy a few thousand, repackage and rename to cheap iPad stand (or whatever) and make few grand... but hurry,,, someone here steal your idea.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Amazon under Display Stands

This one was there but rated forty seventh. Why not grab the top one by looking at the link above.

I bought the top seller after I noticed it got that way from everyone using it for an iPad.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Three-Display-stand-cookware-electronics/dp/B000RL9JHC/ref=pd_ts_hg_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden"]Amazon.com: Three Wire Display stand for books, cookware, electronics; Set of 2 DCW - Black: Home & Garden[/ame]

Three Wire Display stand for books, cookware, electronics; Set of 2 DCW - Black

Other [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_home-garden?ie=UTF8&search-alias=garden&field-brandtextbin=Gibson%20Holders"]Gibson Holders[/ame] products

Price: $5.65

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A3DC67D3T3V88T"]Gibson Holders[/ame].

31YCjSoQuZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It can hold a 'naked iPad'

51Pg6FpapCL._AA300_.jpg

even horizontally

51t1Z860cVL._AA300_.jpg

:):D:)

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plate display stands work really well. I have a wooden one about 9" tall which holds the pad about an inch above the desktop so I can leave the connector attached. Best of all though is the fact I can leave the apple cover on while using it, since it's nuisance to put on and take off. Just sits beside my main monitor.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@4phun

Will that completely fold almost flat? Like I could put it in a satchel or book bag for traveling?

Most reactions

Latest posts