What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geology

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to use a topographic map and a drawing program together for geologic mapping? All the tools are here they just need to be put together. JD

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We meet again!! I am moving this to Help - hope that's OK with you.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, geologist are not technologists? Could be, maybe that is why I changed fields. I was the Only geologist that actually washed my truck. I should have known. JD

eugegeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I’m an italian geologist and I’m actually workin with iPad in the field for a geological map project together with the University of Geology of Genoa (IT).
During fieldwork I collect different kind of geological information (outcrops, measure, notes, photo, sample, etc) and I simply manage all these data with an amazing cartoghraphic&GIS app with iPad.
Ipad and iPhone technologies are very useful for this type of geological fieldwork!!!

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eugegeo said:
Hi. I’m an italian geologist and I’m actually workin with iPad in the field for a geological map project together with the University of Geology of Genoa (IT).
During fieldwork I collect different kind of geological information (outcrops, measure, notes, photo, sample, etc) and I simply manage all these data with an amazing cartoghraphic&GIS app with iPad.
Ipad and iPhone technologies are very useful for this type of geological fieldwork!!!

The moment I saw the iPad, I knew it was finally a replacement for the field notebook. I am no longer a working geologist, but on vacation I find myself mapping the strata and wanting to use the topographic maps on my iPad as a base.

What is the name of the app? Can I get a copy anywhere?

eugegeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The name of the app is i-Gis (geometry), you can find it in iTunes at low price...it's very simple to use...geo-enjoy yourself!

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eugegeo said:
The name of the app is i-Gis (geometry), you can find it in iTunes at low price...it's very simple to use...geo-enjoy yourself!

Wow, thanks, looks like what I was looking for. Looking forward to playing with it. JD

Most reactions

Latest posts