What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gensca

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the Apple iPad forum, please tell me how to navigate the website. how and who do I contact with questions about this site. it seems that I am just accidentally navigating thus website. Is the word Submit new thread" synonymous with "submit"?

OP
G

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the Apple iPad forum, please tell me how to navigate the website. how and who do I contact with questions about this site. it seems that I am just accidentally navigating thus website. Is the word Submit new thread" synonymous with "submit"?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Welcome - you'll find this site has lots of interesting information and there are a load of guys here that are really enthusiastic about the iPad and very happy to help. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. 'Submit new thread' starts up a new discussion topic so, yes, it's synonomous with 'Submit'. So you must have used that option to get this post to appear.

Usually it's best to see if a question you have has been answered before, because it's a much quicker way to get an answer. There's a 'Search' button near the top of the Forum web page that enables you to type in a topic that you're interested in, a bit like Google. You get the option of the Search results being invididual posts or threads that contain results that match your search.

But don't worry, if you can't find what you're looking for, don't be afraid to post a question in a new thread. It's good to try to indicate briefly in the thread title the subject of your question - so don't, for example, title the thread 'I have a question' because nobody will know what it's about without actually opening the thread and there are hundreds of new posts each day. So instead make the thread title meaningful, for example, 'How do I perform a hard reset?'. Then everyone scanning the new threads will know what you are interested in. If they know the answer to your question, then you may get an answer.

Be aware that only registered Forum members can post replies to your questions, so you may notice that your question has been read by several hundred people, but you've not received a reply. Don't take it personally! Maybe most of those reading your question are not Forum members, or maybe they read your question, but don't know the answer. But usually you'll get a reply sooner or later!!

Welcome again - and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions