What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General

Greg Hudson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to everybody,I am new to this even though I have had my iPad 2 for a couple of years now.

So at this stage I am just introducing myself to you all.
I will start with a simple question.
What would be the best Windows based Laptop to be compatible to use with my iPad.
Ideally I wish I could afford an iMac Pro.I am running out of storage and I would like to be able to burn stuff with an optical drive.
So far my research has led me to the Sony Vaio range.
And I was also considering the 'Kingston Wi Fi external storage device' as an option,can not really afford iCloud Backup at the moment.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards,
Greg

D

Deleted member 247820

What do you have on the iPad you want to burn to CD/DVD?

Your iPad will connect to any PC with USB ports.
You can transfer any photos or movies that are in Camera Roll directly to the PC via the USB ports.
Or perhaps you may prefer Dropbox etc. to link photos to a PC.

Many others will have plenty of good options for you.

michaelchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eva-product.com
Tablets are quiet popular now, but the most famous is still the high-end ipad, currently I just wait the new ipad mini 2 release, and I have choose the ipad mini case for myself now. so love the ipad mini 2

OP
G

Greg Hudson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,I am aware of using USB and transferring files.My 64 Gb iPad is pretty full up now.I was thinking along the lines of the Better of Windows based IOS to be able to do larger files like Documentaries that I could store and watch at my convenience.
I have a separate Digital workstation I use for all my music needs.The 2011 MacBook Pro with Optical drive would be ideal,though with Technology leading towards SSD I suppose I should get with the 'program'
Regards,
Greg Hudson

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really if its just for storage, I would look at a network drive or just a portable wireless drive. The latter is better if you want your media on the go.

There is no need to purchase a whole PC just for storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts