What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Browsing Question pull down menu

Lucien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have come across a site that will not let me select an item in a pull down menu, because the author has put a link under the top menu item as well.

For instance, in vv-dbs.nl I want to select the subitem onder Teams -> Pupillen G -> vv DBG - G2

I can never select the subitem because it immediately goes to the link under the top menu item (which merely says I have to select a subitem, but I can't!)

Any suggestions?

ps. Since this is my first post, I cannot include links nor images... which makes it harder to bring my point across. the image is on coolness.nl/vvdbs.png

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have come across a site that will not let me select an item in a pull down menu, because the author has put a link under the top menu item as well.

For instance, in vv-dbs.nl I want to select the subitem onder Teams -> Pupillen G -> vv DBG - G2

I can never select the subitem because it immediately goes to the link under the top menu item (which merely says I have to select a subitem, but I can't!)

Any suggestions?

ps. Since this is my first post, I cannot include links nor images... which makes it harder to bring my point across. the image is on coolness.nl/vvdbs.png

I had a look at this site and I can see the problem that you're having. I'm not sure if my 'solution' will help but I found that, if I select 'Teams' and then press, and hold, Pupillen G after a couple of seconds Safari pops up a box saying 'Copy', 'Open', 'Open in New Page' and that allows me to progress to the next page....but maybe you got that far anyway...

Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lucien said:

Any suggestions?

Hi Lucien, change club and join PSV

First the obvious......is it working on a browser on your PC?

I tried and have the same problem. If no one here has a solution I would try to contact the webmaster. Could be some sort of programming that is not suitable for the iPad. However, I am not at all familiar with these things.

Here is a screenshot.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-2103573002.png
    image-2103573002.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 256

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I had a look at this site and I can see the problem that you're having. I'm not sure if my 'solution' will help but I found that, if I select 'Teams' and then press, and hold, Pupillen G after a couple of seconds Safari pops up a box saying 'Copy', 'Open', 'Open in New Page' and that allows me to progress to the next page....but maybe you got that far anyway...

Tim

No need Tim. It takes some practice, but it works.....

Attachments

• image-3297137207.png
    image-3297137207.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 267
  • image-1021035438.png
    image-1021035438.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 262
OP
Lucien

Lucien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JJK, I am impressed that you can do it but I still can't. What is the trick?

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea. I was on my way home last night and tried different ways. I also got it the way Tim suggested.

I do think that the website is not iPad compatible.

Regards,

Jan.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had another go at it and I must say it is not easy. It takes me around 5 tries before I get it.

After each fail I press the back button to go to the home screen. After, in my case the screen looks like in the attachment.

As you see the two teams are "locked" and easy to select.

Don't Roget to go back to the home screen after each failed attempt otherwise it doesn't work.

Another workaround would be the following:

On your desktop PC create a folder named vvdbs. Most probably you have it already.
Bookmark the pages you regularly want to access from your iPad and add them to that folder.
Now when you synch your iPad you have these pages as bookmarks.

Attachments

• image-1465786272.png
    image-1465786272.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 256

Most reactions