What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genealogy Apps

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dellboy said:
I have not thought about Ancestry but it sounds as though it is worth thinking about. My iPad is my first Apple product so I am finding my around how it works.
I have noticed that when I have the iPad plugged into the PC, it does not not charge, is this normal do you know?.
Many thanks for the info.

I use my heritage on my PC and from the web. I have downloaded the app for iPad and do know that it will soon be updated so you can have more functionality from it. t the moment you can only read what you have on the website which is where my family tree and info sits. U fortunately they don't have an app for Mac yet so I access through the web to amend and the app to compare with my family.

dellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you didn't answer my question. Had you tried the other recommended apps which were free as stated from previous posters?

Yes sorry I have tried Ancestry but the format is nothing like 'gedview or Legacy' .And as the 'rambler' says it seems to be a pay for prog,also it stores your tre on their website which i do not like.

Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Looks like your options are running out dellboy, I'm really enjoying the Ancestry app, this week alone I've been contacted by 2 people and my tree has tripled in size, been given some great info from the users on there.

Good luck in your quest, let us know how you get on

Chris

dellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like your options are running out dellboy, I'm really enjoying the Ancestry app, this week alone I've been contacted by 2 people and my tree has tripled in size, been given some great info from the users on there.

Good luck in your quest, let us know how you get on

Chris

Thanks Chris, Yes my options seem to be running out.I am trying to get to grips with ' gedview ' , so I will let know how I get on.
Would Jailbreaking make any difference to my problem do you think?.
Melvyn

Most reactions