What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen 3 virtual keyboard issues / Chrome crashes & closes

ACE1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I have a Gen 3 with cell capability but don't use it. I also have the latest IOS. When using FB in Chrome the virtual keyboard lags terribly & sometimes Chrome will just crash & the iPad returns to the desktop screen. I can open Chrome & it asks if I want to restore (yes) & it'll go back to where I was in FB but the keyboard still lags terribly.

I don't have a bunch of extraneous apps or games & usually only have one program or browser running at once. I clean out my browser history almost daily & have a fiber optic ISP & a new modem so there aren't any network issues. I just ran Speedtest & got a 13ms ping, downloaded at 25.47 Mbps & uploaded at 9.68 Mbps.

I built a special mount in my car so I can run a couple of travel programs (Waze, GPS Drive & Trucker Path Pro so I can find the rest stops) but I'm about ready to use this for target practice.

Any & all suggestions are welcomed with open arms.

Thanks - Al

(PS - anyone want to buy a MD370LL/A in mint condition?)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using any third party keyboard apps?

Is there a reason you absolutly have to use Chrome? If not, try either the FaceBook app, or use Safari and see if it works better for you.

I'm not sure what to do about the map apps, but since they are are all third party apps you should probably check with the developer site and app store to see if they've been updated for iOS 9, and/or whether they have known problems.

Um, are you on iOS 9, or some earlier version?

OP
A

ACE1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using any third party keyboard apps?

Is there a reason you absolutly have to use Chrome? If not, try either the FaceBook app, or use Safari and see if it works better for you.

I'm not sure what to do about the map apps, but since they are are all third party apps you should probably check with the developer site and app store to see if they've been updated for iOS 9, and/or whether they have known problems.

Um, are you on iOS 9, or some earlier version?

No third party keyboard apps. Latest greatest IOS - I always update my Apple products like a good boy.

These problems happened long before any recent updates & no, I don't HAVE to use Chrome but I like it better than Safari. IMHO the mobile FB app stinks but I suppose if I run into the sluggish issue I could switch over to it. There's never anything so pressing in my life that I need to update FB anyway - I use it primarily because I'm a member of multiple groups. I'll see if using mobile FB helps - Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I'm also make light use of FaceBook, which is why I'm usually content with the app. I only go to the website on the rare occation I need to use it's messages feature. I've resisted getting the FaceBook Messenger app, because I don't wan't to be at the beck and call of every FaceBook friend out there.

As for Chrome, you might try deleting and reinstalling the app. If you're signed in with your Google account it should keep your bookmakrs. You should confirm that if this is critical, because I have little personal experience with Chrome.

Most reactions

Latest posts