1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

geeky granny

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by mshen1, Apr 27, 2012.

1. mshen1

mshen1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum, but not totally new to the iPad. I got my first one last October after using those belonging to a couple of friends for a month or so to learn enough to be able to teach them how to use theirs. We are all old women, ranging in age from 73 to 76. I think that makes us a special niche, don't you? I have several other contemporaries who are asking for help also.

I have always loved playing with computers ever since my husband brought home our first Apple 2+ in 1981. Sometime, I need to sit down and figure out how many different Apple products I have had over the years.

The reason I joined here was to find out what the scoop is when you pass along an iPad 2 to another family member and get a new iPad (3)?
    How do you deal with the apps on the iPad 2? Can I just sync the new one with iTunes and put them on it? Then what happens to them when my daughter gets the old one? We need to know before we go forward.

Thanks, mshen1
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026 / 0
    Hi mshen-please be patient as others come by to see your post! I really love your intro story about yourself! I just bought an iPad 2 for my mother who is 76 and she just loves it. She really hasn't put it down since we got it for her last week!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
  3. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Hi,

First of all kudos to you for not allowing technology to pass you by.

I just rehomed my ipad1 when I obtained the new iPad.

Apple licensing allows you to share installed applications amongst several devices under your direct or indirect management. On the iPad you are rehoming delete apps you do not wish to pass along. All other apps may remain but when updates are pushed your current apple ID and password will be required on the rehomed iPad. The rehomed should can share your apple ID or have its own. If you use the same ID you can actually keep them both in sync automatically where any newly installed app on one iPad is replicated to the other. Same with photos and music if you are so inclined.

In my case the rehomed iPad has its own ID and I update inherited apps once a week or so.
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,325 / 0