What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardens of time ipad2 help

aliph77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've been playing the Gardens of Time game now for about a week, but for some reason I cannot buy gold.
I can only exchange gold to silver or get 'free' gold with Tapjoy.
I do not have a Facebook account and even signed up to see if this would work but I only received the 2 gold bars for signing up. Can anyone help me? I've emailed the game makers with no response, and I've tried to go thru Game Center to see if I could purchase gold thru there, but no luck.

Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

In the game where it has the tally for your gold, just tap this and it will load with a page from which you can purchase it, just make your selection and an option box will load to confirm your purchase. Let us know if this works for you.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
aliph77

aliph77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No this is what I've been doing. When I tap the gold tally box it takes me to a screen that says 'Need more Gold?' but the only thing it has is a picture if the two women.

At the bottom I tap the +gold box & nothing happens. If I touch the exchange or free gold boxes it gives me options, but just not to outright buy gold. It's really frustrating, I'm only on level 15 but I'm afraid if I delete & reload the game I'll have to start from scratch. :-(

Thanks for getting back to me so fast though.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try closing your app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, see if it's now operating.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
aliph77 said:
Unfortunately still no luck.

Are you signed into Game Centre, does the game welcome you when you return to it? I play this game also and aren't signed in with FB.

Try a restart/reset of your iPad.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

See if these steps work for you, I sure hope they do! Let us know.

OP
aliph77

aliph77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliph77 said:
Unfortunately still no luck.

The Game Center ID does pop up whenever I log on

I think I'll have to either delete the game or maybe try & play it under another ID, although I don't think that would help the situation.
I read somewhere you could save the game to Facebook and then transfer it to multiple devices.
Do you think I could save it to my reactivated FB account, delete the game from my iPad, reload it, then download my saved game?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
aliph77 said:
The Game Center ID does pop up whenever I log on

I think I'll have to either delete the game or maybe try & play it under another ID, although I don't think that would help the situation.
I read somewhere you could save the game to Facebook and then transfer it to multiple devices.
Do you think I could save it to my reactivated FB account, delete the game from my iPad, reload it, then download my saved game?

It does say in the app store to save your stats by logging on to FB and then you can transfer to other devices. But it does say its not connected to the FB game.

But will this fix your problem? We do have a thread here for your game, it's a Neighbour request thread but these members are probably the best able to answer your question. Getting in touch with the devs is probably a good option too and info on how to do this is in the app in the App store. Sorry I can't be of more help to you here.

http://www.ipadforums.net/friend-requests/57286-gardens-time-neighbors-game-center.html

OP
aliph77

aliph77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's ok, you were very helpful.

I sent an email to the developers on the 18th. It says to give them 72 hours, so ill wait until Monday to be generous.
I will see if anyone in the thread can help me.
Thanks so much!

Linda Tanner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliph77 said:
That's ok, you were very helpful.

I sent an email to the developers on the 18th. It says to give them 72 hours, so ill wait until Monday to be generous.
I will see if anyone in the thread can help me.
Thanks so much!

You have to have an iTunes account... With a credit card on file or a gift card redeemed in the account...
You can do this in iTunes App on your device.
When you purchase gold in Gardens it will ask you for your apple ID ( also iTunes ID)
And it automatically deducts money from you account in the amount you requested and puts the gold n your account!
It's actually very easy!

OP
aliph77

aliph77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have an iTunes account, I've made sure everything is up to date, and it'll let me purchase in other games but not in 'Gardens'.
It's just a picture of the 2 women, with a "Need more Gold" bar at the top, and the 3 bars at the bottom (+gold, exchange, free gold).

I saw a screen shot of what it should look like to buy gold, but in my game it's just black/blank next to the women.

Linda Tanner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliph77 said:
I do have an iTunes account, I've made sure everything is up to date, and it'll let me purchase in other games but not in 'Gardens'.
It's just a picture of the 2 women, with a "Need more Gold" bar at the top, and the 3 bars at the bottom (+gold, exchange, free gold).

I saw a screen shot of what it should look like to buy gold, but in my game it's just black/blank next to the women.

Wow!!
Never heard of that... Sounds like its a glitch w/ your game:(
Good luck!

Linda Tanner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the Forum and not sure where to post this....I just wanted to give a "Heads Up" ...It's extremely frustrating!!! My son and I play the game on 3 separate devices...
All different gardens. So I know if my material requests go thru to the others that I ask:(
Most f he time my material request do not go thru... Once every few days:( I know this is a ploy to get you to buy bars...( which I do occasionally)
But, I wonder if there is a secret to material requests???
Any thoughts?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to the Forum and not sure where to post this....I just wanted to give a "Heads Up" ...It's extremely frustrating!!! My son and I play the game on 3 separate devices...
All different gardens. So I know if my material requests go thru to the others that I ask:(
Most f he time my material request do not go thru... Once every few days:( I know this is a ploy to get you to buy bars...( which I do occasionally)
But, I wonder if there is a secret to material requests???
Any thoughts?

Hi there...

-I just deleted your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

Thank you.

suarezjenl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if everyone is having this problem- not being able to accept gifts or requests for materials. Lots of chatter on the friend request thread. Seems to have occurred with the intro of the new time crystal chapter. Anyone heard of a fix yet? I have tried restarting the iPad and reloading the game. No luck so far.

Most reactions

Latest posts