What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JA--that may have been my problem early on--watering too much. I also heard later that you should put an ice cube in twice a week and that too is sufficient watering. Maybe I will try my hand at buying another one and try. They are just so pretty to look at, aren't they? :)
They are! :)
I didn't know the tip with the ice cube. That's certainly useful in summer.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well--I managed to get outside for a few hours between the rain and the heat of the sun. I emptied 5 bags of mulch to the front garden...however, had to remove more weeds which managed to pop up after a week from my last pulling. Looks good, but so not done. Maybe Tuesday will be a day I get out again to finish the front and than tackle the back. :)

Meanwhile...enjoying a nice drink outside with 2 ducks visiting me! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well--I managed to get outside for a few hours between the rain and the heat of the sun. I emptied 5 bags of mulch to the front garden...however, had to remove more weeds which managed to pop up after a week from my last pulling. Looks good, but so not done. Maybe Tuesday will be a day I get out again to finish the front and than tackle the back. :) Meanwhile...enjoying a nice drink outside with 2 ducks visiting me! :)

Well I'm glad the weather cleared for a bit so you got some mulching done. Weeding is just never ending here in the summer....it's such a pain!

I've never heard of the ice cube trick either.....that's quite clever! I only have a couple of pots inside my house, plants that are very tough and hard to kill.....although we have an indoor garden which I just wish my cats didn't think is a big kitty litter!

How nice to have ducks visiting you! I'd love that!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad the weather cleared for a bit so you got some mulching done. Weeding is just never ending here in the summer....it's such a pain!

I've never heard of the ice cube trick either.....that's quite clever! I only have a couple of pots inside my house, plants that are very tough and hard to kill.....although we have an indoor garden which I just wish my cats didn't think is a big kitty litter!

How nice to have ducks visiting you! I'd love that!!

Oh...I laughed when I read about your cats thinking your indoor garden is a huge kitty litter! That just makes me laugh again....house pets are so funny and what they do. Your poor plants...I bet it's a daily thing to scoot them out of there-LOL! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh...I laughed when I read about your cats thinking your indoor garden is a huge kitty litter! That just makes me laugh again....house pets are so funny and what they do. Your poor plants...I bet it's a daily thing to scoot them out of there-LOL! :)

I guess it is funny but it's a pain to clean that out with my pooper scooper.....it is a daily thing, just wish I could catch them when they are in there, I often think they check where I am first before they do their business!....but I've tried every type of cat repellent and it doesn't make a difference! :(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it is funny but it's a pain to clean that out with my pooper scooper.....it is a daily thing, just wish I could catch them when they are in there, I often think they check where I am first before they do their business!....but I've tried every type of cat repellent and it doesn't make a difference! :(

Oh your cats are so smart. It must be frustrating to go in there and find some "things" to scoop up! ;)

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday was an open garden day the New York area. I went with a friend to visit some beautiful gardens but the most wonderful part of the day was riding along the highways and smelling the fragrance of the wild roses. They were blooming everywhere and even at 65 mph the fragrance was overwhelming. I have one that popped up in my garden and it's so pretty I don't want to pull it out. After it finishes blooming I'll have to see if there's a way to trim it so that it doesn't smother the other plants.

Bobbi

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, my pelargoniums, lobelia, fuschias, lupins, lavender (many varieties as I love them and roses) and of course all my roses. I'm listening to a bird singing too! Singing it's little heart out.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds like your garden is overflowing with beauty, Hayles. And music too. Glorious.

Bobbi

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.jpg
I'm practicing uploading photos. This is a new shrub Sambucus lemon lace that I bought for the side garden. It's very slow going. I now have four trees two shrubs and I got some mulch down. This is a very long-term project.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Bennettb ...your gardening project looks like it will be a good one. I like the fact that the Lemon lace will grow slowly. That to me, equates less maintenance and less worry of it over growing.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maintenance is a major issue for me, skimonkey. I just turned 76 and I want to have a garden that will not be too difficult as I get even older. I'm going to try to do mainly trees, shrubs and ground covers with very few perrenials. It's fun looking for plant ideas.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with you Bennettb, maintenance of a large garden can be ever so time consuming. Due to my long rest, I am able to spend more time in the garden and try and get those huge plants under control.. You just need to ignore/neglect for a year and they are off doing mischief again!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are so right Hayles. I ignored the other part of my garden and now my weeds are up to my nose.

Most reactions

Latest posts