What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's beautiful...like your garden.

Bobbi

Yes, isn't if just! That was a great find, PoisonIvy.

Have you ever been tempted to buy old chimney pots for the garden?

Our period items in the garden are the hallow white and brown sink, and a couple of cast iron gratings from a commercial greenhouse. I set the latter in the deck by the kitchen o allow plenty of fresh air ventilation under the deck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, isn't if just! That was a great find, PoisonIvy.

Have you ever been tempted to buy old chimney pots for the garden?

Our period items in the garden are the hallow white and brown sink, and a couple of cast iron gratings from a commercial greenhouse. I set the latter in the deck by the kitchen o allow plenty of fresh air ventilation under the deck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
yes i have four old chimney pots and smaller nice old pot,i also have a big old cast iron pig trough,i love the little sinks and setting the gratings in your decking is a fantastic way of using them,can we see a photo of the gratings?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Loving the photos Ivy. A woman after my own heart. We have old baths, butler sinks, windows, chimney pots etc... Nothing quite like recycling. Far more cheaper too!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Loving the photos Ivy. A woman after my own heart. We have old baths, butler sinks, windows, chimney pots etc... Nothing quite like recycling. Far more cheaper too!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF
yes and so individual,i also have the base of an old chimney pot that i have conifer growing in,i knocked it over and smashed it but the base makes a wonderful square pot,i forgot i also have a 1940's/50's trough that i have Ivy's growing in too,i have some modern pots but i don't like them half so much as my old ones,i also have a really old mill stone that's just propped up against the wall and two old cart wheels,I'm always on the lookout for more old things for the garden.....by the way Hayles,what do you do with the windows?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 44044wooo look what i bought today,we have a reclamation yard in our village and we went for a look,this Victorian urn once had pride of place in the gardens of a stately home,Serlby Hall,it would once have stood on beautiful matching plinth but that probably got broken way back,i just couldn't resist it,isn't it just gorgeous....it's actually bigger than it looks in the photo.

Ivy...what great pics of that Victorian urn you have there--it's really beautiful! Your plant shows nicely in it! Your garden pics also are just beautiful! I wonder how fast those palms grow though? We planted a small pine tree close to our back fence and had to pull it out after a few years later because it grew so large.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are these the plants called Hostas? A homeowner a few blocks from me has his whole side yard planted with them. image-3998170391.jpg

image-2605543370.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 44044wooo look what i bought today,we have a reclamation yard in our village and we went for a look,this Victorian urn once had pride of place in the gardens of a stately home,Serlby Hall,it would once have stood on beautiful matching plinth but that probably got broken way back,i just couldn't resist it,isn't it just gorgeous....it's actually bigger than it looks in the photo.
It looks like it's made of cast iron, must weigh plenty.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like a form of Ficus for ground covering. It grows and spreads out.

Boy, did it ever spread out! The homeowner planted a couple of dozen plants and in about two years they spread to cover the whole side yard. The advantage is that he doesn't have to mow it.:)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ivy...what great pics of that Victorian urn you have there--it's really beautiful! Your plant shows nicely in it! Your garden pics also are just beautiful! I wonder how fast those palms grow though? We planted a small pine tree close to our back fence and had to pull it out after a few years later because it grew so large.
the rate of growth seems to vary but it's quite slow growing.

Most reactions

Latest posts