What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
spent the last two days taking out some old shrubs,have now put in some new stuff and it's looking nice,will need a year or two to get established though,need a couple more Hosta's now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
spent the last two days taking out some old shrubs,have now put in some new stuff and it's looking nice,will need a year or two to get established though,need a couple more Hosta's now.
If you went to the garden centre to pick up some Hostas, would that be considered a Hosta taking?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know I'm now looking at my bare areas and thinking a hosta would look good there!

Hostaholic anonymous anyone?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photo on 23-10-2013 at 17.52.jpgtoday i bought a Trachycarpus fortunei or Windmill palm as its more commonly known,i will have to protect it for quite a few winters though as its just a baby,here is a mature specimen

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And a cute little baby it is!:) How long does it take till it looks like the tree in your first picture.
i googled that very question and results seem to vary,some people have had a foot a year some less,i suppose it depends on how it gets through the winter and where you put it,they do better planted in the ground which is what i'm doing,my garden is West facing,a more mature specimen would have been a little more hardy but prices shot up the bigger they were,a well grown one like in the photo was £170....ouch!

Most reactions

Latest posts