What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garageband

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a problem with the smart guitar of Garageband. When I record it, and I play what I recorded, it doesn't sound like what I was playing, at all. I have this problem with the Roots Rock guitar. I haven't tried the other ones yet so I don't know if they have the same issue. I want to play some chords on the smart guitar pretty fast, it sounds great when playing. But the recording sounds muted. Anyone else having the same problem? How can I solve this? Maybe something with quantization? If I select "no quantization", it should sound like I played it, right?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you want your own thread then, because I agree with Tim, the other thread "all about music and recording" is exactly where I'd thought your question would get the most response. Threads get lost otherwise.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that thread is more about recording with real instruments, right?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:

Hope you find out, i use GarageBand a lot with my students but not to the degree you do obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you want your own thread then, because I agree with Tim, the other thread "all about music and recording" is exactly where I'd thought your question would get the most response. Threads get lost otherwise.

No. He wanted his own thread ~ hence the reason he created it. If threads get "lost" forum staff will deal with it.

Yes ~ you were correct, Rudy.

Last edited:
OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Rudy ~ I am going to bump this into our App Section.

That was the section I was searching for but could not find, thanks.

BingoBongo275

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a problem with the smart guitar of Garageband. When I record it, and I play what I recorded, it doesn't sound like what I was playing, at all. I have this problem with the Roots Rock guitar. I haven't tried the other ones yet so I don't know if they have the same issue. I want to play some chords on the smart guitar pretty fast, it sounds great when playing. But the recording sounds muted. Anyone else having the same problem? How can I solve this? Maybe something with quantization? If I select "no quantization", it should sound like I played it, right?

The only time I had this problem was when I had Quantisation set - so suggest you drop that first and then if you do introduce it you dont set it too low (and obviously ensure its reflects the style of music youre playing, e.g. triplets etc.)

Cheers

Jez

Most reactions