What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GarageBand

Reaction score
Just spent some time reading about GarageBand and I am very impressed by it.

However, during the presentation it was mentioned that GarageBand can determine the dynamics when playing on the virtual piano keyboard, i.e. whether to play piano or forte, by using the Accelerometer. Will this work on iPad 1 too, because that is simply an amazing feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad 1 has the necessary accelerometers. The question is, will they release Garage Band for the iPad 1 at all? If Apple decides that the iPad 1 isn't going to do a good job of running it, they may not.

From Apple's presepective pissing off customers by not giving them a product is better than giving them a product that pisses them off.

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
That is a good point. They have a tendency to leave out things, if they are not working 100%.

But Apple has not made any requirements available for GarageBand, as opposed to iMovie, which could possibly mean that it will run on both iPads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I share your hopes of this, even if I do plan on upgrading. The more people using it the better; the more tricks, tips, and really wacky things we'll have to read about and try. :D

cvice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally can't wait to get this app! This is the most excited I have been about an app, ever!

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am excited to try Garage Band. On the computer is it a pretty fair accompianist? We have a PC, so, no GB at home. I am also considering Band in the Box. Thanks.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Just spent some time reading about GarageBand and I am very impressed by it.

However, during the presentation it was mentioned that GarageBand can determine the dynamics when playing on the virtual piano keyboard, i.e. whether to play piano or forte, by using the Accelerometer. Will this work on iPad 1 too, because that is simply an amazing feature.

If you like GarageBand then you would be amazed of the KORG iMS-20 and KORG iELECTRIBE.

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

cvice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works on iPad 1

I can confirm that Garage Band works really well on the iPad 1. I downloaded it as soon as it became available and have worked with it quite a bit, and it's great! The touch-sensitive feature works very well and is surprisingly natural. Love this app - love my iPad!

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zero lag with peavey ampkit on ipad 1.

zero lag period.

worth $100

Most reactions