What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garageband songs lost?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was syncing my iPad 2 to iTunes while uploading some of my songs in garageband to iCloud. After iTunes syncing, my iPad crashed and went into a boot loop.
A hard reset did the trick, but now the songs I was trying to upload are transparent. Green symbols with an arrow are displayed on the songs. (see attached pic)
I cannot open the songs, cannot remove them from iCloud.

Anyone knows how I can get them back?
I really hope someone can help me out... Those songs mean a lot to me.

It looks like this;

Attachments

• image-695344555.jpg
    image-695344555.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:
OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually... When you replace a file, it will be deleted when it is copied correctly. So if copying to iCloud failed; the files must still be somewhere on my iPad.
Right?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New thing I have learned; apparently the arrow means that the file is waiting to get uploaded to iCloud.
Also I have found some topics on Apple forums about this issue. It seems that no one has found a fix yet....
Darn!!!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
This surely is the last Apple product I have ever bought....

Why don't you retry syncing again which may kick it out of what it's trying to do. If it does not help go to an apple store or call apple support.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Why don't you retry syncing again which may kick it out of what it's trying to do. If it does not help go to an apple store or call apple support.

I am not sure what you mean by "retry syncing again". If you mean restore, did that just now. Unfortunately it didn't help...
Calling Apple support won't help. Those guys here in the Netherlands know less about the Apple devices than I do...

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
I am not sure what you mean by "retry syncing again". If you mean restore, did that just now. Unfortunately it didn't help...
Calling Apple support won't help. Those guys here in the Netherlands know less about the Apple devices than I do...

You said your syncing failed. I said retry it to try and fix the error. But if restore worked then that's good.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
You said your syncing failed. I said retry it to try and fix the error. But if restore worked then that's good.

Restoring didn't help. And syncing to iTunes was completed, just uploading the songs to iCloud failed.
Last time I used iCloud..

But you gave me an idea; restoring from an older backup should do the trick. :)

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I may give advise; never use iCloud in Garageband! If your iPad crashes, your songs will be gone forever unfortunately...
For the jailbreakers; you can find the .band files in the Application directory. Use iDisk to copy them to your PC. This way you will always have a backup for your songs.
That is what I have learned from this stupid iCloud bug...
Thanks Apple!

WaltMistake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but this only works if you saved it to iTunes before, and I didn't, though now I think I should have... While I was syncing, all my apps disappeared from the iPad (I have an iPad 2 as well) and all the GB files were on the app, but I'm thinking (hoping) it's been saved somewhere on the hard drive of the iPad. Do you think there's a way I could get it back?

Most reactions

Latest posts