What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

garageband help please?

machman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
As a singer i thought it would be a good idea to record some tracks for promotional purposes etc..
I am trying to import a backing track from itunes to garageband to record some vocals but the message i get is that there are no songs to import?
This is getting frustrating as i know the songs are there!!!!!
Is there any way around this or would i be better off with a different recording app to achieve what i want?
Thank you all in advance for any help.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
machman said:
Hi everyone.
As a singer i thought it would be a good idea to record some tracks for promotional purposes etc..
I am trying to import a backing track from itunes to garageband to record some vocals but the message i get is that there are no songs to import?
This is getting frustrating as i know the songs are there!!!!!
Is there any way around this or would i be better off with a different recording app to achieve what i want?
Thank you all in advance for any help.

Do it on your computer/mac why? because computers have a good sound card and it will reduce more latency and get a high quality audio
but if you still want to stick with your ipad using garage band import it to your mail and download it from your computer.

iPad 3 

Guitar4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's how to do what you're wanting...

- In the "Track" screen, upper right-hand area of toolbar, there's an icon that looks like a loop. Touch it
- A menu will drop down. In the title bar of the menu is "Apple Loops" and "Music". Touch music
- At the bottom of the list is "Songs". Touch it
- This will display a list of all the music you have on your iPad which has been loaded through iTunes.
- Select a song, touch it and drag it out over to the left part of the "Track" screen. When you release it, the song will be setup as an audio track.

At this point, you're ready to play the song and record additional tracks with it

Most reactions