What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GarageBand for iOS Updated With Jam Sessions and Smart Strings

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Garage_Band_update.JPG

Apple announced and showcased a new update for its GarageBand iOS app today, which included the new Jam Session feature, which lets you invite up to three of your friends to band (pardon the pun!) together and wirelessly connect your iOS devices so that you can play and record as a group. Jam Session will automatically synchronize the tempo, key and chords of your Touch Instruments to ensure that everyone sounds fantastic together. After you’ve jammed up a storm, everyone’s tracks will be automatically collected on your iOS device so that you can edit and mix them. Also included in the GarageBand update is Smart Strings, a new Touch Instrument that enables you to play an entire string orchestra with just one finger, as well as Note Editor, which lets you fine-tune a Touch Instrument recording rather than just playing it from scratch. The app is fully integrated with iCloud, and you can share your finished songs directly via Facebook, SoundCloud and YouTube.

Click here to download GarageBand for $4.99: GarageBand for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple[/FONT]

anthonyalves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was just like getting a full string orchestra plugin for free and a pretty darn good sounding sample at that. I immediately began recording a new song that I have been waiting to record but needed more realistic strings than was on any of my iPad except maybe Music Studio which has pretty good strings but I think the GarageBand strings really are great and the ability to actually play a cello part while touching a simulated cello fingerboard, you somehow get immersed in the part. I do wish Apple would include a copy to pasteboard ,it just makes sense since there is no EQ or Compression for Mixdown or any of the other mastering features, all artists still need to master their songs in order for it to play well on other mediums so sending your mix to another app for final Mixdown is still needed. I use Meteor as the Best Mastering app on the iPad. Auria coming soon may change that.

Most reactions

Latest posts