Game Center?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by HUNTER1, Dec 26, 2014.

1. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm trying to sync my game progress from iPhone to iPad air, specicifically the Real Racing 3. I would like my game progress from iPhone to show up on iPad, and I'm having difficulty, can you tell me how to do it, if it's possible? thanks

#1 HUNTER1, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Backup your iPhone and restore the backup to your iPad.

3. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I did a back up on iPhone through iCloud but I don't see any restore option on the iPad under iCloud, should I be looking somewhere in the settings?

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to erase all content and settings to restore from a backup. There's no other way to get this information to your iPad.

5. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok thanks, not sure if it's worth doing that just for one game. Well at least I learned something new.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I'm not familiar with the game. What you should look for is whether it has Game Center support, or perhaps FaceBook. If it does, make sure you sign in with the same account on both devices. In Game Center's case you'll need to be signed in under Game Center, and turn on the feature in the game itself. In FaceBook's case, you sign in with your account in the game.

Not all games offer Game Center support, and even the ones that do may not offer all the supported features, so even if these are available there is no guarantee it will retroactively sync the games. But it might.

7. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It shows up in the Game Center. I deleted and reinstalled it many times but keep restoring what saves in cloud saves, but not the progress from the iPhone. I'll just leave it alone and play it on my iPhone, not worth the hassle. Other games have ported between devices through Icloud, not understanding why this one doesn't.

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    You could visit the developer's page and see if they've got a support of feedback link.

9. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I deleted the app, kept on crashing on the iPhone. But still would like to find out why other games ported between devices in the Game Center and some don't, but saves the progress individually, apps are exactly the same.