What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game and App compatability?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone on another forum told me that it's not possible to use games and apps from sites other than itunes unless I have a modified ipad. I assume that means jailbroken. Can anyone confirm this?

I was hoping to get some games from Gameloft.com but I don't want to do anything to my ipad 2 that will void the warranty or anything like that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, Gamelofts games, at least the ones that will work on the iPad, are in the App Store. The Gameloft site will redirect you to the App Store when you try to buy the game.

Many app developers have their own sites that advertise thier products. In almost all cases the actually app purchase is made in the App Store.

And don't wory about buying a non App Store apps by accident. You can't do that, unless of course you do jailbreak. Even then the wise person would stay in the Cydia store unles they had good reason to trust the other site.

Most reactions