1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Game and App compatability?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by GAMESHARQ, May 14, 2011.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Someone on another forum told me that it's not possible to use games and apps from sites other than itunes unless I have a modified ipad. I assume that means jailbroken. Can anyone confirm this?

I was hoping to get some games from Gameloft.com but I don't want to do anything to my ipad 2 that will void the warranty or anything like that.
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    I think this is correct ~ you need to be Jail Broken to access apps from Cydia, a different source.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,983 / 1
    On the other hand, Gamelofts games, at least the ones that will work on the iPad, are in the App Store. The Gameloft site will redirect you to the App Store when you try to buy the game.

Many app developers have their own sites that advertise thier products. In almost all cases the actually app purchase is made in the App Store.

And don't wory about buying a non App Store apps by accident. You can't do that, unless of course you do jailbreak. Even then the wise person would stay in the Cydia store unles they had good reason to trust the other site.