What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuzzing noise from iPad speakers

Silomon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. My iPad's speaker system keeps having this loud fuzzy noise when it plays any sound at all. I've heard it before out of a guitar amp, except the iPad can still play some of the actual wanted sound. It happens both when I use earbuds and the onboard speaker. Just wondering what could be causing this. Please lend any insight. Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the problem occurs in the speaker and the earbuds it's likely that the problem is not in either the speaker or earbuds themselves, but somewhere in the circuitry; possibly in the amplifier circuits. Have you thought about having your iPad tested at an Apple Store Genius Bar?

OP
S

Silomon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the problem occurs in the speaker and the earbuds it's likely that the problem is not in either the speaker or earbuds themselves, but somewhere in the circuitry; possibly in the amplifier circuits. Have you thought about having your iPad tested at an Apple Store Genius Bar?

No, I was hoping it was something to do with software. Maybe a bug that could be fixed. If it is that, do you have any idea what may have caused it? Thanks for the feedback.

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. My iPad's speaker system keeps having this loud fuzzy noise when it plays any sound at all. I've heard it before out of a guitar amp, except the iPad can still play some of the actual wanted sound. It happens both when I use earbuds and the onboard speaker. Just wondering what could be causing this. Please lend any insight. Thanks in advance.
I had a similar symptom three different times. All sound had a fuzzy/distortion to them. One time I reset the audio to mono then back to stereo, and that fixed it. Another time I just rebooted it, ( press and hold down home and power/off at the same time ). Might be worth a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts