Fuzzing noise from iPad speakers

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Silomon, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Silomon

Silomon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I'm new to the site. My iPad's speaker system keeps having this loud fuzzy noise when it plays any sound at all. I've heard it before out of a guitar amp, except the iPad can still play some of the actual wanted sound. It happens both when I use earbuds and the onboard speaker. Just wondering what could be causing this. Please lend any insight. Thanks in advance.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If the problem occurs in the speaker and the earbuds it's likely that the problem is not in either the speaker or earbuds themselves, but somewhere in the circuitry; possibly in the amplifier circuits. Have you thought about having your iPad tested at an Apple Store Genius Bar?

3. Silomon

Silomon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

No, I was hoping it was something to do with software. Maybe a bug that could be fixed. If it is that, do you have any idea what may have caused it? Thanks for the feedback.

4. Agent1191

Agent1191
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had a similar symptom three different times. All sound had a fuzzy/distortion to them. One time I reset the audio to mono then back to stereo, and that fixed it. Another time I just rebooted it, ( press and hold down home and power/off at the same time ). Might be worth a try.