What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullforse vs Retinapad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dawz2 said:
Excellent point. However, if I am able to duplicate the results, I will be forced to agree that winter board is a part of the problem. There must be a common factor among us who experience these issues.

This afternoon, I will:
1. Uninstall all cydia tweaks
2. Install only retinapad (should definitely work)
3. Install winterboard (should cont. to work)
4. Install each of my remaining tweaks one at a time.

Of course, it is possible that a combination of tweaks is causing the crashing. If this is the case, I will need a list of cydia tweaks from other users experiencing this issue.

I will post my results later!

Successful results (and it's not what you want to hear):

1. Uninstalled Winterboard only - Retinapad works great!
2. On a hunch, uninstalled both then installed Retinapad first - Retinapad worked
2a. Installed Winterboard next - Retinapad broken

As f4780y has pointed out, Retinapad will work with Winterboard. And if works for f4780y, it should work for all.

Ready for the uncomfortable truth?!
Before I purchased Retinapad, I "tested" a free version from a developer unfriendly source. Here is what I did (may only work for me):

1. Uninstalled both Retinapad and Winterboard.
2. Complete reboot (turn off, then turn on, not just re-spring).
3. Found and deleted the app cache for Retinapad using iFile.
4. Another complete reboot (probably unnecessary, but I am molded by my PC usage!).
5. Re-installed the PAID version of Retinapad.
6. One more reboot.
7. Test Retinapad...works great!
8. Re-installed Winterboard.
9. The final reboot!
10. Tested Retinapad!

I am sure that everyone out there experiencing this issue has a valid purchased version of Retinapad and should be able to follow these steps to use Retinapad in it's full glory!

I apologize for the lengthy post to such a simple issue!

dawz2 - Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Successful results (and it's not what you want to hear):

1. Uninstalled Winterboard only - Retinapad works great!
2. On a hunch, uninstalled both then installed Retinapad first - Retinapad worked
2a. Installed Winterboard next - Retinapad broken

As f4780y has pointed out, Retinapad will work with Winterboard. And if works for f4780y, it should work for all.

Ready for the uncomfortable truth?!
Before I purchased Retinapad, I "tested" a free version from a developer unfriendly source. Here is what I did (may only work for me):

The iPadForums Darwin Award winner for 2011 is..... dawz2

It's a MIRACLE!

Remove the pirated version of RetinaPad and all associated traced of it then install the legitimate paid version and what do you know? It works....

If this wasn't such a great advert as to why you should NEVER pirate, I would be issuing an infraction about now. You'd do well to read the rules in my sig and tread very carefully from now on...

Last edited:

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The iPadForums Darwin Award winner for 2011 is..... dawz2

It's a MIRACLE!

Remove the pirated version of RetinaPad and install the legitimate paid version and what do you know? It works....

If this wasn't such a great advert as to why you should NEVER pirate, I would be issuing an infraction about now. You'd do well to read the rules in my sig and tread very carefully from now on...

I am humbled and grateful for your mercy. This is also a great lesson for current or future developers. As a noob, I may be speaking from ignorance, but I believe a trial period for purchase tweaks is work the extra programming. I am certain many paid tweaks are looked over just because they require a price. Of course, I have the same complaint with the iTunes store. The fact that so many apps out there (iTunes included) tells me that someone smarter than me has determined the cost to benefit ratio leans toward cost! Sorry, if I went off topic! Again, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to shine light on the elephant in the room.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dawz2 said:
I am humbled and grateful for your mercy. This is also a great lesson for current or future developers. As a noob, I may be speaking from ignorance, but I believe a trial period for purchase tweaks is work the extra programming. I am certain many paid tweaks are looked over just because they require a price. Of course, I have the same complaint with the iTunes store. The fact that so many apps out there (iTunes included) tells me that someone smarter than me has determined the cost to benefit ratio leans toward cost! Sorry, if I went off topic! Again, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to shine light on the elephant in the room.

Proof that proofreading is worth the time it takes. Should say:

"I am humbled and grateful for your mercy. This is also a great lesson for current or future developers. As a noob, I may be speaking from ignorance, but I believe a trial period for purchase tweaks is worth the extra programming. I am certain many paid tweaks are looked over just because they require a price. Of course, I have the same complaint with the iTunes store. The fact that so many apps out there (iTunes included) do not have a trial period tells me that someone smarter than me has determined the cost to benefit ratio leans toward cost! Sorry, if I went off topic! Again, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to shine light on the elephant in the room."

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dawz2 said:
Proof that proofreading is worth the time it takes. Should say:

There is an edit function to prevent having to re-post corrections. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can edit your posts you know!

I understand your point. However, we don't condone or support piracy here. You may believe that pirating apps is legitimised as long as you just try them out and buy the ones you like later, however we disagree and the debate cannot be had on this site.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
There is an edit function to prevent having to re-post corrections. :)

Many thanks!

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You can edit your posts you know!

I understand your point. However, we don't condone or support piracy here. You may believe that pirating apps is legitimised as long as you just try them out and buy the ones you like later, however we disagree and the debate cannot be had on this site.

Understood. Thank you!

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had a non working free version of retinapad and I uninstalled it this morning and brought the paid version. It works perfectly. This is why I love this forum and forums like this. And I must say the three dollars is more than worth it. I just hope they are ready to go when ios 5 comes out.:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jeans94621 said:
I also had a non working free version of retinapad and I uninstalled it this morning and brought the paid version. It works perfectly. This is why I love this forum and forums like this. And I must say the three dollars is more than worth it. I just hope they are ready to go when ios 5 comes out.:)

Another Miracle!

And for the avoidance of doubt, there is no FREE version of RetinaPad. It is a paid application. There is only the legitimate version or PIRATED / CRACKED copies.

Don't be a Pirate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts