What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullforse vs Retinapad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering, is there a list of compatible apps for Full Force and Retina Pad?
I cant seem to find them anywhere!
Also, does Retina Pad work with games as well as apps? (such as Guitar Hero)
Does it just work or do you have to install anything or do anything else? and does it work with 4.33?
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As regards retinapad, yes it works on 4.3.3, and AFAIK all iPhone retina enabled apps work with it on the iPad. This includes games. You get the option via a pop up dialogue whenver you launch a new iPhone app on the iPad asking if you want to enable retinapad for it. If you choose yes, you close the app, re-open it, switch to 2x and it should be using the retina version...

Don't know if there is a list for full force. I don't use it much, but it works well for the few apps I do have, e.g. BytaFont.

Hope that helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I promise you I have always had it working. No problems. See lovely clear retina text on screenie...

Attachments

• image-2658669901.png
    image-2658669901.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 585

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I promise you I have always had it working. No problems. See lovely clear retina text on screenie...

Well, let me try again. That was before when I had a bunch of junk on my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer RetinaPad over FullForce, also.

And, it works great! I have lovely blown up 2x apps (for example, Facebook - the iPhone app).

Works so well that it irks me when I use my mom's iPad2 and iPhone apps. Blech! Pixilated. <-- Don't think that's a word, but you get my drift.

RetinaPad for the win! :D

Marilyn

OP
C

cassw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info, I think I will try retina pad. Sounds like it'll work wonders!

OP
C

cassw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As regards retinapad, yes it works on 4.3.3, and AFAIK all iPhone retina enabled apps work with it on the iPad. This includes games. You get the option via a pop up dialogue whenver you launch a new iPhone app on the iPad asking if you want to enable retinapad for it. If you choose yes, you close the app, re-open it, switch to 2x and it should be using the retina version...

Don't know if there is a list for full force. I don't use it much, but it works well for the few apps I do have, e.g. BytaFont.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that helps alot, thank you. I know fill force mainly works on a few apps and not many games, I guess that's why it's free.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...I know fill force mainly works on a few apps and not many games, I guess that's why it's free.

RetinaPad is exactly that you want, but I just wanted to clarify in defence of FullForce... it's really not designed to do what you were expecting it to do...

It fools applications which use standard iOS UI elements into using full screen iPad versions rather than being constrained into the iPhone screen size for which they were coded. That's why it only works on a limited number of apps, because not all apps use the standard IOS user interface elements, and games in particular will never work.

Just thought I would throw that in... FullForce is still a very good and free tool as long as you understand what it is being provided for! It does something quite different to RetinaPad.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Retinapad broken? I have a JB iPad 1 on 4.3.3. I have attached a screenshot of my apps. I bought Retinapad yesterday and it hasn't ever worked. I barely get the splash screen and then the app crashes! I had read in other posts that it was compatible with 4.3.3. Did I waste my money?

Attachments

• image-1130156211.png
    image-1130156211.png
    182 KB · Views: 466

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too, but it is only compatible with apps that support the retina screen. Check in the app store to see if the app is compatible with iPhone 4. If not, go to settings and turn retina pad off for that app.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JLGallegos said:
I could only get Retinapad to work once I uninstalled Winterboard.

Well, that is rotten. I think I love my winterboard more than retinapad!

So, is there a way to get my lockscreen and no dock like in my screen shots without winter board?

dawz2

Attachments

• image-3063646970.png
    image-3063646970.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 372
  • image-1603753650.png
    image-1603753650.png
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 392

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've said this before many times. Retinapad is fully 4.3.3 compatible and works with winterboard. I have had them both running for many months. You must have something else which is causing the issue.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I've said this before many times. Retinapad is fully 4.3.3 compatible and works with winterboard. I have had them both running for many months. You must have something else which is causing the issue.

Excellent point. However, if I am able to duplicate the results, I will be forced to agree that winter board is a part of the problem. There must be a common factor among us who experience these issues.

This afternoon, I will:
1. Uninstall all cydia tweaks
2. Install only retinapad (should definitely work)
3. Install winterboard (should cont. to work)
4. Install each of my remaining tweaks one at a time.

Of course, it is possible that a combination of tweaks is causing the crashing. If this is the case, I will need a list of cydia tweaks from other users experiencing this issue.

I will post my results later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts