What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Video iAds Might Soon Be Coming to iPhone & iPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iad_2_wide.jpg

Is Apple trying to be more like Google? It seems that might be a possibility, at least as far as generating advertising revenue is concerned. According to a new rumor, Apple is gearing up to start adding video iAds to their iAd platform they started in 2010. This will bring full video ads to our iPhones and iPads. These ads are described as being much like the commercials we see on TV.

It's unlikely that the ads will pop-up willy nilly and interrupt what we are doing on our devices. The source of this story described the ads as "interstitials." Industry speculation suggests Apple will limit the ads only to display during transitions. Here's a quote with a few more details,

It's not clear how Apple plans to sell the video iAds or at what price. One person said Apple may sell the units through its ad exchange that quietly rolled out "a couple weeks ago." Adweek had reported in December that Apple was looking to launch an ad exchange. Details of the exchange are scarce, but auctioned-off ads are typically less lucrative than ones pitched by a direct sales team.

Of course, no official details have been presented one way or the other, so we will have to wait and see how it plays out. [Editor's note: pun intended]

Sound off and let us know what you think of this potential intrusion on your serenity with your device.

Source: Adage

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"It's unlikely that the ads will pop-up willy nilly and interrupt what we are doing on our devices." Yeah, that would be a silly move. My next move after a thing like that would be to delete the offending app and blacklist apps from that developer. One of the first rules of app development is to never anger your customer base.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Interstitials"? Another ridiculous word to fracture the English language! Conjures up all kinds of weird images in my mind...oh, never mind;)
Andrew

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Interstitials"? Another ridiculous word to fracture the English language! Conjures up all kinds of weird images in my mind...oh, never mind;)
Andrew

Unfortunatley dictionary doesn't work in Chrome and I am too lazy to download a app or a JB tweak or even search this on safari

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What right would apple have or put ads on our devices? Nothing here isn't paid for. No ads allowed here.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What right would apple have or put ads on our devices? Nothing here isn't paid for. No ads allowed here.
maybe they'll make you look at a full page ad every time you change apps or browser pages. This could give Apple a lot of bad publicity.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maybe they'll make you look at a full page ad every time you change apps or browser pages. This could give Apple a lot of bad publicity.

Frankly, I don't believe Apple would ever do this...and if they did, I'd be livid. Like a mad dog.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't believe Apple would ever do this...and if they did, I'd be livid. Like a mad dog.

I'd be livid enough to get rid of the iPad and try something else. I LOVE my iPad but I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with stuff like that on an expensive device that I buy most of my apps for. No freegin way.

Most reactions