What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Force and/or Retina Pad.

cdaamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I get both or just one?
Which one is better?

Thanks in advance :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for RetinaPad. It does better at scaling up iPhone apps.

f4780y (another Hacking section moderator - our resident expert, actually!) posted this about FullForce (so you can better understand what FullForce does/doesn't do):

RetinaPad is exactly that you want, but I just wanted to clarify in defence of FullForce...

It fools applications which use standard iOS UI elements into using full screen iPad versions rather than being constrained into the iPhone screen size for which they were coded. That's why it only works on a limited number of apps, because not all apps use the standard IOS user interface elements, and games in particular will never work.

Just thought I would throw that in... FullForce is still a very good and free tool as long as you understand what it is being provided for! It does something quite different to RetinaPad.

And, to further my agreement with Grayson :)D), RetinaPad works great and is completely worth the price!

Marilyn

OP
cdaamn

cdaamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the advice... i think I may purchase Retina Pad now :)

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Apple can't / doesn't do what RetinaPad does? It's one of my favorite tweaks.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to Retinapad.

Fullforce is an amazing tweak as mentioned above, but Retinapad fits better my needs.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Apple can't / doesn't do what RetinaPad does? It's one of my favorite tweaks.

Because it only works for certain apps and apple doesnt want to have to deal with stupid people bothering them about it. And it also only scales up certain UI elements and not everything. So apple's "Make it work perfectly before release" concept applies.

Most reactions

Latest posts