What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full bars but can't connect to Internet

CheekyIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I couldn't get connection and get any bars now most of the time I have bars but it still won't connect. Safari times out and I get messages playing apps saying not connected to the Internet.

Sometimes if I lift the iPad in the air I can get the website to load. :confused:

I tried a bunch of things, I finially got bard by changing the router to channel 11. So got thar far, but doesn't make a difference if it still doesn't connect.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran into this on a few public networks I connect to occasionally and what seems to work for me is changing the DNS entries on the iPad to use a public DNS, such as google. Try letting it find the wireless, then go to the settings and manually set the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Its worth a shot!

OP
C

CheekyIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran into this on a few public networks I connect to occasionally and what seems to work for me is changing the DNS entries on the iPad to use a public DNS, such as google. Try letting it find the wireless, then go to the settings and manually set the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Its worth a shot!

Thanks for the advice I will try that. So I go into my router, manual and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8?

Most reactions

Latest posts