What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FTP App Recommendation

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free, that I can use to connect to from my PC to ftp some docs to my iPad2?

Thanks,

OP
A

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try SuperFilesLite it is free and can work with ftp

I really need an FTP server so I can connect to it via an FTP program and push files to the ipad. SUperfiles doesnt do that, sorry.

Bob

Reaction score
Goodreader. You can add files via Browser, or set it up as a wireless network drive, if you want to copy over whole folders at a time.

Goodreader only works locally though, which may be a deal breaker for you.

Last edited:

bpmapes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using Box.net

It is free for up to 2GB of data. There is a free app for managing the files on your iPad, and it is compatible with many other progams as a online file source (DocsToGo, etc.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Goodreader. You can add files via Browser, or set it up as a wireless network drive, if you want to copy over whole folders at a time.

Goodreader only works locally though, which may be a deal breaker for you.

You can also set up FTP servers with GoodReader under the Connect to Server section. I don't have an FTP server to play with, so I can't vouch for how well it works.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can also set up FTP servers with GoodReader under the Connect to Server section. I don't have an FTP server to play with, so I can't vouch for how well it works.

That works the wrong way though, doesn't it?

Hmmm, when I first read it I thought he was running an FTP server on the PC, but on a closer read, you're probably right. GoodReader's web server feature should work better.

If he needs a remote solution, away from his home WiFi network, we should probably mention DropBox, just as a hint. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts