What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustating try to downgrade ipad2 from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

dominus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I just bought ipad2 and accidentally upgrade to 4.3.4 firmware, now I can't jailbreak it. I tried find how to downgrade the firmware to 4.3.3 but I failed. My question is it possible to downgrade the firmware? If possible can you guys teach me how to do it? Please.........

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you saved your SHSH blobs it's not possible, because Apple are no longer signing 4.3.3. If you have the blobs, you should be OK and there are several threads here that will tell you how to do this. Is your iPad 3G or WiFi-only?

Tim

OP
D

dominus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Tim but that's the problem, I don't save the shsh and I'm really regret it. Can I use shsh from other person? I feel hopeless.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - no, you can't use anyone else's blobs and also, as far as I know, there's currently no JB anyway for the 3G iPad2 - the current JB is for the WiFi version only. I'm not a JB guy, so hopefully Leigh, our JB guru (who's in the same time zone as me) will come along soon and rescue me...

He's been posting this morning (f4780y) so I'm sure he'll be here soon.

But I'm fairly certain that, if you've not saved your blobs, you can't downgrade to 4.3.3 - you'll have to wait for a 4.3.4 JB to become available.

Tim

OP
D

dominus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG there're no jb for iPad 3G? I guess I bought useless iPad. I wish I can reverse time so I can buy iPad wifi. Anyway thanks Tim.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG there're no jb for iPad 3G? I guess I bought useless iPad. I wish I can reverse time so I can buy iPad wifi. Anyway thanks Tim.

Leigh will help us out - he knows absolutely everything about JB - so don't dispair just yet...I'm out of my depth with JB advice....:(

Tim

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But sure there is JB for 3G. Only thing is that as of now JB is good only for 4.3.3

I am sure in few weeks or month, it'll be for 4.3.4 as well

OP
D

dominus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
But sure there is JB for 3G. Only thing is that as of now JB is good only for 4.3.3

I am sure in few weeks or month, it'll be for 4.3.4 as well

I hope so too that jb for 4.3.4 will be available soon.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news ... but:

There is no jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 for the iPad2. And, according to various twitter posts (and blog posts ... and various web articles), don't expect one soon, if at all. As far as I can tell, the tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 (for the iPad1 only) was more of a nose-thumbing to Apple than anything else. iOS 4.3.4 was just to close the hole found and exploited by c0mex - it adds nothing extra. So, to jailbreak would be a waste of their time, I would guess...

Of course, all the above is my reasoned opinion based on what I've read - you may reach a different conclusion.

The gist is: No jailbreak for iPad2s with an iOS higher than 4.3.3 at this time.

But still, enjoy your iPad! It's not "useless" just because you can't jailbreak it. Oh, but do keep up hope for iOS 5 coming this fall - I have faith in the jail breaking community. We'll see, yeah?

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Leigh will help us out - he knows absolutely everything about JB - so don't dispair just yet...I'm out of my depth with JB advice....:(

Tim

Sorry Tim. I wasn't around to save you from yourself... :(

Marilyn to the rescue though :) She' just as knowledgeable and "guru like" as me you know, although I wish you wouldn't introduce us to folks like that... ;)

For the avoidance of doubt / confusion in the future...

You cannot DOWNGRADE the iOS on an iPad2 3G as things stand. You can jailbreak them if they are at 4.3.3. Heck, I have one and it is fully JB. But, you can't jailbreak a 4.3.4 iPad2... Clear? As Marilyn pointed out, it's all about the version number of IOS :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim slaps his wrist - must not try to answer questions that I know nothing about - write this out 100 times.....

Must not try to answer questions that I know nothing about.
Must not try to answer questions that I know nothing about
94 lines later....

Lesson learnt....:(

Tim

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stir the pot:
if you asked this yesterday, you might have got lucky, as someone updated to 4.3.4 and was able to downgrade back to 4.3.3, and he didn't even save shsh blobs, till he was told to(by members here). But he had wifi ipad2....
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/39312-4-3-4-rollback-4-3-3-a.html

just try your tiny umbrella to save shsh blobs, and see if it magically saves 4.3.3(although we know apple stop signing), worth a try!!!!

Now what i wanna know is, can those with ipad2 3G's, can you please specify what baseband you have right now, since you have 4.3.4.

Last edited:

Most reactions