What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen safari?

RNDADDY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys. Newbie. WiFi Black. 64 GB. Question: every now and again, this sort of gray cast comes over the webpage I navigate to. When it happens, nothing responds on that page. I have powered down and back on and it fixes, but me thinks I am doing something wrong. It wouldn't be the 1 st time :)
Any help would be appreciated.
Daddy.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Is it always the same page that causes Safari to freeze - i.e. is it a reproducible problem or does it occur at random? There are some pages - for example those containing Flash content - that the iPad and Safari can't handle and then you can get a grey screen, but it shouldn't freeze.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes it is cause by those annoying adds that cover the entire page until you click to exit them. Look in the top right corner of the Safari page and you may see a semi-transparent x. Tap on it.

Other times, it's just Safari throwing a fit, and you have to restart the app.

OP
R

RNDADDY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Sometimes it is cause by those annoying adds that cover the entire page until you click to exit them. Look in the top right corner of the Safari page and you may see a semi-transparent x. Tap on it.

Other times, it's just Safari throwing a fit, and you have to restart the app.

Thanks guys. I' download the owners

Sent from my Audi A 3

Hieu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also newbie here. Everything was fine on my iPad for a couple of months. All of the sudden my webpages also become gray and inaccessible. I can click on my bookmarks to get to the pages, but just can't navigate on them. For example, my Yahoo mail inbox is available, but I can't click on anything to make it open (like reading an email). I've tried all the solutions offered on the forum: cleared cookies, history, cache. Rebooting also does not help. Any ideas? Don't want to bring back to the store. BTW, only Safari does not work. I can use the other apps like Piano, Pogo Games...

boonpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my iPad 3 has same problem with safari freezing. I am sure it coincides with last upgrade. If I re tap the screen it works straight away. Apple seem to be breaking various things lately. My home sharing on iTunes has also stopped working which may be iTunes last upgrade or my iPad. Hopefully if I wait a while Apple will sort it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts