What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From apple there is an application named remote. Purpose?

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The IPad remote application can be used to control Apple devices on your netwok and home sharing allows you to share your music/video library between devices. For example in my house I have iTunes running on a windows PC in my theater where I keep my music library, using my iTunes account password also on my iPad and my AppleTV. I can stream music to my AppleTV in the living room and control what I am listening to with my iPad. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
b00bie said:
The IPad remote application can be used to control Apple devices on your netwok and home sharing allows you to share your music/video library between devices. For example in my house I have iTunes running on a windows PC in my theater where I keep my music library, using my iTunes account password also on my iPad and my AppleTV. I can stream music to my AppleTV in the living room and control what I am listening to with my iPad. Hope that helps.

Yu mean to use this application I must have apple tv ?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
No it can control your iTunes library on your pc/mac and playback thru whatever audio device they are connected to. It does become more useful if you have apple tv or airport express, but its not required. It's a free app, just download it and have a play, that will probably answer your questions easier than having to post and explain it all on a forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts